Error ACPI while installation

Malke

Chris said:
Hello

I want to install Vista Ultimate on my "old" PC

Prozessor: AMD Athlon 1000Mhz
Mainboard: GA7IXE4 von Gigabyte (with Beta BIOS from 2002)
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=1364
RAM: 640MB

The Installation begin and after 2 Minutes there is a BlueScreen "Installed
failed with error: Bios is not ACPI compatible"

What can I do, to solve this problem

We saw this type of errors in a lot of computers running Win2k when
people tried to move to XP. The only thing you can do is update your
BIOS and if no BIOS update is available - and you would *only* get this
BIOS update from Gigabyte (unless this is an OEM machine like a Dell,
etc. but it doesn't sound like it from your post) - then Vista isn't
going to install with that motherboard.

I Googled around for "install Vista without ACPI?" to see if there is an
installation option to turn ACPI off like there is in Linux, but had no
luck in finding anything useful. I got a lot of links from people who
had similar problems, particularly in trying to install under Parallels
on a Mac.

Someone else may have a different answer for you, but I'd also suggest
checking to see if there are Vista drivers for that board. It won't help
you if you manage to get Vista installed and then have no chipset
drivers. It's a hard fact, but not all operating systems will install on
all motherboards.

Malke

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Correct, The bios needs to be updated to install Windows VIsta.
There is no option to not install with ACPI support.
Only the ACPI hals are supplied.
So options like F7 in Windows XP setup to tell setup to not install the
ACPI hals are no longer available.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|>Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 05:01:56 -0800
|>From: Malke <[email protected]>
|>Subject: Re: Error ACPI while installation
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|>Chris K. wrote:
|>> Hello
|>>
|>> I want to install Vista Ultimate on my "old" PC
|>>
|>> Prozessor: AMD Athlon 1000Mhz
|>> Mainboard: GA7IXE4 von Gigabyte (with Beta BIOS from 2002)

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID
=1364
|>> RAM: 640MB
|>>
|>> The Installation begin and after 2 Minutes there is a BlueScreen
"Installed
|>> failed with error: Bios is not ACPI compatible"
|>>
|>> What can I do, to solve this problem
|>

|>We saw this type of errors in a lot of computers running Win2k when
|>people tried to move to XP. The only thing you can do is update your
|>BIOS and if no BIOS update is available - and you would *only* get this
|>BIOS update from Gigabyte (unless this is an OEM machine like a Dell,
|>etc. but it doesn't sound like it from your post) - then Vista isn't
|>going to install with that motherboard.
|>
|>I Googled around for "install Vista without ACPI?" to see if there is an
|>installation option to turn ACPI off like there is in Linux, but had no
|>luck in finding anything useful. I got a lot of links from people who
|>had similar problems, particularly in trying to install under Parallels
|>on a Mac.
|>
|>Someone else may have a different answer for you, but I'd also suggest
|>checking to see if there are Vista drivers for that board. It won't help
|>you if you manage to get Vista installed and then have no chipset
|>drivers. It's a hard fact, but not all operating systems will install on
|>all motherboards.
|>

|>Malke
|>--
|>Elephant Boy Computers
|>www.elephantboycomputers.com
|>"Don't Panic!"
|>MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Um, your motherboard does not support ACPI at all. Get a new motherboard or
don't even think of installing Vista.

What is up digity dog,