and almost all computer operating systems. You've used up 995Mb leaving 78Mb
of
memory for the player to operate. Thus, you're out of room. The 347Mb of
"free"
space is incorrect.
error 80070052 = Out of disk space.

Reaction score
if you get "error 80070052" try to reformat your mp3 player

if you get "error 80070052" try to reformat your mp3 player just like reformatting a floppy disk

Reaction score
There are 3 options:

First if your SD Flash disk really is corrupted, you may have to format it anyway.

The error is typically caused by a large capacity drive being formatted as a FAT drive and a directory structure limitation of the format being encountered. This is a very old format (1980's or so), and does not have the capability to completely support large directories and large disks.

So your options are:

FAT: The limit for files in the root directory in my experience probably tops out around 300. Instead create a subfolder (or several) and put your files in it. There may be a limit for them in the folder as well, but it is higher. The advantage of this is you probably will not have to reformat your drive and lose files you haven't copied (or can't copy because of related errors). You may be able to repair the format without losing much as well.

2nd option: Format the disk as a FAT32 (successor format) disk. Now you can transfer all the files you want to the root. The con is that FAT32 may not be compatible with some devices. I found no problem with two different manufacturers picture frames, and most modern cameras should have no problem.

3rd option: Format the disk as NTFS. - Not recommended because only Windows aware devices will be able to read the format and this does not include most external devices.

4th: And just so you are aware there is another format exFAT (aka FAT64). This is an extended format intended to beat the 2TB FAT32 limit.

Note that the SD Formatter programs that are going around may not solve the problem and may not have the option to format a FAT32 disk so a re-format by them will not solve the problem. Apparently they may format an SD card in a special way (which is FAT compatible but not FAT32 compatible). Also older card readers are not able to format large disks and this is hardware issue not related to format. As well there is another barrier at above 2GB because 4 GB and above are SDHC not SD and may also provide more incompatibility. Older flash drives may have problems with some formats.

IMHO there wasn't a lot of cooperation on the specs because they took too long to be standarized as manufacturers rushed to get out products out (especially cameras) that utilized the technology.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Ask a Question