Windows Vista Error 1304: Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo\Logger\logman.

Reaction score
My problem has to do with Rescue and Restore on my Lenovo computer but I suspect that the solution will be not directly related to Rescue and Restore.

I bought my Lenovo last April and wish to backup my pc to DVDs. When I tried I received two error messages*. I then decided to uninstall Rescue and Restore 4 and download it from the Lenovo website. I uninstalled the original R&R and downloaded tvtrnr4v_117en.exe. Unfortunately, after going through the long installation process I received the following message:

Error 1304: Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo\Logger\logman.exe. Verify that you have access to that directory

When I looked at the Logger directory I found that it was apparently empty. As far as I know I have Administrator Access (I haven't creater a User Access)

Any suggestions??? (I have spent all morning on this and am getting sore eyes)

* Error 25013: Error obtaining the Rescue and Environment drive letter and

Error 25012: Error accessing the Rescue and Recovery service partition

As I have uninstalled the original Rescue and Recovery these error messages no longer apply

Ask a Question