Enable back File Replication between DCs

Chai

Hi there,

Before that, all my Win 2000 DCs is working fine - after
the file replication is stopped on DCs then restart back 1
week later I facing this problems:

Source: NtFrs
ID: 13508
Details: DC2 "The File Replication Service is having
trouble enabling replication from DC1 to DC2 for
c:\windows\sysvol\domain using the DNS name DC1.mydomain.
FRS will keep retrying.

Now whenever I add new DC to the domain I facing the new
DC is not fully replicated - when I open AD Users &
Computers MMC in the new DC - it always point back to the
first DC (with all master rule).

So how can I fix this problems?

Thanks

Chai

David Pharr [MSFT]

We need more information to determine the state of FRS in your environment.
Do you have a string of 13508 messages without getting a 13509 or 13516?
If you type "net share" (without quotations) at a command prompt do you
have a Sysvol share?

Download and use the FRS Monitoring Help File from the following location -
it will probably provide you with the answer to any FRS questions/problems
you have:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/fileandprint/file/df
s/tshootfrs.mspx

To check the health of your AD installation on each dc, use the following
kbs:
298143 How to Verify an Active Directory Installation
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=298143

260371 Troubleshooting Common Active Directory Setup Issues in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=260371

238369 HOW TO: Promote and Demote Domain Controllers in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=238369

David Pharr, (e-mail address removed)