    I am trying to verify a table of emails with 3300 records. What would the
    vba code look like to get that done. Thank you.

    bin

    Guest, Nov 6, 2007

    Verify it for what?
    --
    Hope this helps,

    Daniel P

    Guest, Nov 6, 2007

    Guest, Nov 6, 2007

    Thanks Daniel. This looks like it checks to see if the email structure is
    correct. I need something that will loop through my table and determine if
    an email in the list even exists.

    bin

    Guest, Nov 6, 2007

    You need to explain your needs better when you create your post

    So all you need is a loop function that goes through your recordsets. there
    are tons of examples within this very forum.

    Something like
    'Start on last and move backwards----------------------------------------
    'require dao ref library
    Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
    Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Temp01")
    If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then 'ensure there is data
    rst.MoveFirst 'goto the 1st recordset
    Do Until rst.EOF 'End of file
    if rst![EmailFieldName] = ""
    'do something when they match
    end if
    rst.MoveNext
    Loop
    Else
    MsgBox "There are no records in the table", vbInformation
    End If

    You could also use find/seek (google them to find more info)
    --
    Hope this helps,

    Daniel P

    Guest, Nov 6, 2007

    Sorry I am not making myself clear as to what I want. I want to go throught
    the record set and test each email to determine if that email actually
    exists. -- could I send an email to that person if I wanted to or would it
    bounce back as no longer in existence. I know the emails exist in the table
    I want to determine whether they are still useable to send marketing plans to
    those individuals. I have googled and am not coming up with much as far as
    actual code to do the verifying of the the validitiy of emails I have. This
    would probably be a good add-on to outlook if microsoft wanted to do it.
    Thank you.

    Guest, Nov 6, 2007

    To my knowledge that is impossible. There is no way using some code (vba,
    c++,php,....) to know if an e-mail address is still valid/exists. The only
    way is to send an e-mail and see if it gets bounced back or not and ajust
    your table entries in consequence.
    --
    Hope this helps,

    Daniel P

    Guest, Nov 6, 2007

    sorry to hear that but thank you. I have over 3000 email addresses so going
    through each one is really not a possibility. I do know there are programs
    (fast email verifier etc) that do this but being a small company I am hard
    pressed to spend money on something I will only be useing once. Thank you.

    bin

    Guest, Nov 6, 2007

    John Spencer Guest

    So what is the cost of sending an email out that gets bounced?

    In other words, if the email bounces what harm does it do? What will you do
    if the email does bounce? Will you attempt to contact the person/company by
    other means?

    --
    John Spencer
    Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

    John Spencer, Nov 6, 2007
  10. bindurajeesh <> wrote:

    >Sorry I am not making myself clear as to what I want. I want to go throught
    >the record set and test each email to determine if that email actually
    >exists. -- could I send an email to that person if I wanted to or would it
    >bounce back as no longer in existence. I know the emails exist in the table
    >I want to determine whether they are still useable to send marketing plans to
    >those individuals.

    And spammers would love that functionality. Assuming they even cared
    that much.

    Tony
    --
    Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP