    an attachment, I cannot open it. The window that pops up
    will only allow me to "save to disk" the "open" button is
    grayed out. My attachments also end with .lnk

    Paula, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Greetings Paula,

    ..lnk files are shortcuts -- they aren't actual files and should *not* be run (since they
    commonly will cause damage to your computer).
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    Jonathan Kay [MVP], Nov 14, 2003

  3. Paula

    Nutty Guest

    Hi,
    I'm using Win Messenger V5 and maybe the suffix you're seeing is .ink. If
    this is your problem and you are NOT using a Tablet to input, try this:-
    In Win Messenger main window, Tools>Options>Preferences then clear the box
    thats says "Allow Windows Messenger to recieve ink".
    I've read somewhere that *.ink is the file type used for communication with
    MS Tablet applications.

    Nutty, Nov 14, 2003