    i know if they might be a virus . but i do know my email to this person came
    back as a failure.

    --

    CindyO, May 13, 2010

  2. Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your
    problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database
    product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. That said, there's
    probably nothing of importance, I'd just delete it.
    --
    Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
    http://www.datastrat.com

    Arvin Meyer [MVP], May 13, 2010

  3. CindyO

    Dirk Goldgar Guest

    "CindyO" <> wrote in message
    > not a computer wizard, Can anyone tell me what these are? I got it in a
    > returned email notification failure from who i sent an email to. I don't
    > know
    > if they contain a virus or what, but i can't and don't wanna open them
    > until
    > i know if they might be a virus . but i do know my email to this person
    > came
    > back as a failure.

    If you have an attachment named "hey you.mht", it may very well be a virus,
    especially if it came in an e-mail bounce message and you didn't send a
    message titled "hey you". It may be innocuous, but I would be very
    suspicious and *not* open the attachment, nor view the e-mail in HTML
    format.

    Attachments of the form "ATT#####.htm" are usually the HTML-format version
    of a message. You see this as an attachment when you view the message in
    plain text. It isn't normally anything to worry about. However, in a
    message that is already fishy, I wouldn't take any chances.

    --
    Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

    (please reply to the newsgroup)

    Dirk Goldgar, May 13, 2010