Email Alerts

tdc

Reaction score
Hello All and a Happy New Year
I am trying to find an email alert that will appear on my screen either by a sound or picture.
My wife uses incredimail which does have this type of notification but I refuse to use incredimail on my own desktop!
I use Gmail and Outlook so a system that will work with both would be best.
I have found a few possibilities on the web but would be happier with some recommendations.
Thanks

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I use Outlook 2010 Pro and get a pop up each time a new email arrives, mind it only stays up for a few seconds, but long enough to get a quick peek and know if it is worth going to read the actual e-mail.

Reaction score
You can do this by setting an email alert in Outlook by following the given steps:

1. Open Outlook and click on File.

2. Select Options. And Click on Mail option.

3. Select checkbox of “Display a Desktop Alert” option, after clicking Message arrival.

4. To set up the setting for email alert that how long it will appear and change Desktop alert transparency, click on “Desktop Alert Settings”.

You can turn on your desktop notification feature in Gmail to get an email alert. For setting this feature follow these steps:

1. Open your Gmail account

2. Click on "Gear" Icon from the top right. And click on Settings.

3. Scroll down the section of Desktop Notification (General tab).

4. Choose any one option according to your needs
  • New Mail Notification On
  • Important mail notification On
  • Mail Notification Off
5. Save all the changes you made by clicking “Save Changes” option.

Ask a Question