    In Outlook 2003, is there a way to preventing editing contacts in CARD or
    DETAILED CARD view?

    Thanks -Lenox

    Lenox, Apr 4, 2010

  2. "Lenox" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > In Outlook 2003, is there a way to preventing editing contacts in CARD or
    > DETAILED CARD view?

    If you can edit them from one view, you can edit them from any view. If the
    contacts belong to the person who wishes to edit, you cannot prevent them from
    being able to edit. If the contacts are in a shared folder, you can prevent
    them from editing from any view by removing their editing rights from the
    folder.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Apr 5, 2010

  3. In the settings for the View, under Other Settings, there's an option to turn
    off in-cell editing.
    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

    Sue Mosher [MVP], Apr 9, 2010