Edited signature, now some ActiveX object is embeded. How to remove?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook' started by Grahammer, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Grahammer

    Grahammer Guest

    Using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP SP1...

    I edited my signature, using the advanced editor (Word), and now whenever I
    try and send an email I get a warning that my ActiveX security level
    prevents running controls on this page... Well, I didn't add any controls
    and no matter what I do I can't get rid of this...

    Looking at a new message, my signature has some kind of object above it. I
    don't know how it got there, nor how to get rid of it. It does not appear
    when I edit my signature. My messages are formatted as HTML.

    Looking at the source for a new message I see the following:

    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
    "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:blush:ffice:blush:ffice" /><o:SmartTagType
    namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:blush:ffice:smarttags"
    name="Street"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType
    namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:blush:ffice:smarttags"
    name="PostalCode"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType
    namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:blush:ffice:smarttags"
    name="State"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType
    namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:blush:ffice:smarttags"
    name="City"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType
    namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:blush:ffice:smarttags"
    name="address"></o:SmartTagType>
    <OBJECT id=ieooui
    classid=clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D></OBJECT>

    1) I don't want these stupid smarttags because we don't even use them.
    2) What is this object and how do I get it out of my signature?

    Is there a location where the signature is stored so I can edit it in
    another editor?

    Grahammer, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Grahammer

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    Sure, changing your default HTML editor also helps ;-)
    C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures

    Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm

    --
    Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    www.howto-outlook.com