    around it so I don't have to click "Change source" for ten minutes straight?

    If not, does anyone have any ideas on what might cause the "Change source"
    to fail like this?

    Thomas McLain, Oct 1, 2008

  2. Hi,

    The help system doesn't specify the number of linked workbooks, but it does
    state that the number of linked sheets is limited by available memory.

    You may be running into a memory problem.

    This might help - do the change source once and then choose Open Source.
    When open the updates may occur faster.

    --
    Thanks,
    Shane Devenshire

    ShaneDevenshire, Oct 1, 2008

  3. Thank you. The problem seems to disappear if the linked workbook is open.
    Because I can't necessarily control user behavior, would there be any way to
    increase the allocated memory without opening the source files?

    Thomas McLain, Oct 1, 2008