Windows XP Dynamic/functional desktop wallpaper

Reaction score
I see the odd download around with animated desktops or the software to create one, could anyone recommend a good functional one, preferably with a calendar. Have tried several but they look lame or don't work properly, not interested in spending ages creating my own.

Reaction score
this isn't going to help you..

but why would anyone want to do this? they generally don't work and even if they do they use up soooo many resources. is it really worth it?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
True dat. Only one of those I had was a fish tank. It looked absolutely great.

But, all my machines are crunching proteins to find a cure fior cancer for the UD project (that means the CPU is working at 100% 24/7). Now, UD lets other applications take precedence and that screen saver actually doubled the time it took for one UD Work Unit to be processed.

Now, I don't use screen savers at all. If I no use computer, I turn the Monitor off.

And sorry, no, I don't know any sites with animated desktops. I do know a few good wallpaper sites though. I mentioned screensavers as an animated desktop would take up around the same amount of resources, but all the time you had the desktop displayed.

Reaction score
Thanks guys that answers my question for me then, it was just on a whim really, no real need other than having something a bit more useful than a picture, plus I have the UD agent thing running too so as you say might be too much for my poor PC.

Ask a Question