    DVD 3.0 or 3.5 Pro or even the Real Player v10.

    Any ideas on where to find the problem?

    Thanks....

    Guest, Apr 7, 2005

    DL Guest

    Vid.card driver?

    "fensterlips" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm having freeze-ups on a clean W2000 SP4 machine trying to run either

    Blaze

    DL, Apr 8, 2005

    I loaded the latest intel Drivers. I'm using a Tyan Tomcat micro-ATX m-board
    that uses the Intel 845GL chipset, so -- onboard video ( and the case is a
    low rise so I can't fit anything over 1/2 height -- and only PCI slots!).

    It's not heavy gaming so I'm not too worried. The funny thing is that
    occasionally "Chapter One" has played and then the app freezes.

    I've increased the Video aperture size, but not sure what else I can tweak.

    I'm going to run a "Windows Startup Monitor - freeware version of msconfig -
    to see if I shut everything non MS down it runs then - but I'm short on ideas.

    Details? I'm running W2000 SP4 (5.0 2195)with DirectX 9.0c and Media Player
    9.0

    Thanks for the help.

    Guest, Apr 8, 2005

    DL Guest

    You can download msconfig here
    http://www.perfectdrivers.com/howto/msconfig.html
    Does dxdiag show any problems? (sys32 folder)

    DL, Apr 9, 2005