    I would like to be able to dump into a spreadsheet a list of all files within
    a specified folder. Is this possible? Any help would be much appreciated -
    thanks :)

    Guest, Apr 2, 2007

    Don Guillett Guest

    Have a look in the vba help index for DIR

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

    Don Guillett, Apr 2, 2007

    Bob Phillips Guest

    See http://tinyurl.com/28qhcj

    --
    HTH

    Bob

    Bob Phillips, Apr 2, 2007

    You are awesome - thank you!!!

    Guest, Apr 2, 2007

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best if importing to
    Excel.

    To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to
    this KB Article.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q272623&

    Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from.....

    http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

    I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom
    features.

    OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt and directory.
    Type DIR >MYFILES.TXT

    All the above create a *.TXT file which can be opened in Notepad or
    Excel.

    One more method if you want to by-pass the *.TXT file and pull
    directly to Excel is to use Tushar Mehta's Excel Add-in. This allows filtering
    and sorting once you have the data in Excel.

    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ scroll down to Add-ins>Directory
    Listing.

    Download the ZIP file and un-zip to your Office\Library folder.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Apr 2, 2007

    Don Guillett Guest

    Glad to help. If feels better when you have to learn a bit about how to do
    it, doesn't it?

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software