    1) Can I create a Multiple-boot System (on a Dell Inspiron 6000)?

    2) If yes, can I do it without loosing the factory restore partion (which
    has Windows XP Media Center Edition in it).

    Guest, Jan 23, 2006

  2. I wouldn't recommend it. I would suggest purchasing a
    new hard drive and install Media Center on it, then
    you can just swap drives.

    BTW, Media Center will not offer any advantages
    unless your PC includes the hardware necessary to
    support the unique Media Center features.

    This page provides answers to frequently asked questions about Microsoft
    Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/faq.mspx

    Media Center PC Design - Overview
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/mediacenter/default.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Jan 23, 2006

    Thank you very much. You are a great help.

    Guest, Jan 24, 2006

    I would like to back up the Symantec System Restore "program" that came with
    my Dell laptop.

    Is there a way to access the factory restore partition and copy whats in on
    it to a CD?

    My version of Windows XP Pro is an OEM Reinstallation CD and I'm told I'll
    loose all partitions.

    Thanks again.

    Guest, Feb 1, 2006