Drop-down List where items in drop-down list hyperlink to a webpage?

gully

Hello,

I can create a webpage with a form that has a drop-down box. When the user
picks an item, they are then redirected to another webpage.

Example:
Link 1 = http://www.microsoft.com
Link 2 = http://www.google.com
Link 3 = http://www.adobe.com
Link 4 = http://www.irt.org

I just got a request to do the same thing in MS Word 2003. Can this be done?
I am definitely a newbie - know how to create tables etc but no knowledge of
macros. Would someone have a link to a tutorial, word doc or could post how
to do this (I assume it is possible???).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

TF

Just use Insert, Hyperlink or even more simple, copy/paste the address from
the address box from IE.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

: Errrr.....should I post this somewhere else.....still no luck.... :-(
:
:
: : > Hello,
: >
[...]

Hi Terry,

I just created a simple drop-down form field in MS Word 2003. I added item
1, item 2 and item 3. I then clicked on "Protect Form". My dropdown list now
has the 3 items (just like a webpage) but I don't see how to make each item
go to a separate webpage - once I protect the form the option for insert a
hyperlink is not there. When I unprotect the form and check the properties
for the dropdown box, there are no options for adding hyperlinks (unless I
am looking in the wrong spot). I do see options for running macros but I
can't seem to find a website (tutorial, example, word doc etc) that would
show me how to create a macro that would be called when I click "item 1" and
then go to a webpage.

Hope I explained this clearly....and thanks for the reply.

Jerry

TF

Jerry

I think I understand. I think that you will get a better response if you
post this into one of the Word VBA newsgroups:
microsoft.public.word.vba.userforms

Terry

: Hi Terry,
:
: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > Just use Insert, Hyperlink or even more simple, copy/paste the address
: > from
: > the address box from IE.
: >
: > --
: > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > http://word.mvps.org/
: >
: >
: > : > : Errrr.....should I post this somewhere else.....still no luck....
:-(
: > :
: > :
: > : : > : > Hello,