    move.
    I have to go back and delete the file.

    How do I change the setting of possible? This is XP pro.

    bear, Jan 19, 2005

  2. bear

    Jone Doe Guest

    "bear" <> wrote in message
    news:uXOBOJn$...
    >I used to be able to drag and drop a file in order to "move" it to a
    > different folder.
    > But now when I do a drag and drop, the file is "copy" to that folder, not
    > move.
    > I have to go back and delete the file.
    >
    > How do I change the setting of possible? This is XP pro.

    Right click and drag. When you drop you will be given choices, copy, move
    or short cut. Pick the one you want

    Jone Doe, Jan 19, 2005

  3. bear

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Drag and drop moves a file within the same drive.
    Drag and drop copies a file to a different drive.

    The right click suggestion is for those who forget which is which, like
    me.

    Bill

    Bill Sharpe, Jan 19, 2005
  4. bear

    bear Guest

    Thanks Jone

    Any other options without right click?
    you know.....The old way...
    coz I need to teach a 80 years old grannny, and she hates right click

    bear, Jan 19, 2005
  5. bear

    Guest Guest

    Yes that option is enabled.