    received in Outlook until a folder is clicked on? I am thinking this is a
    default setting somewhere in Exchange. Thank you in advance for any
    assistance.

    Guest, Feb 4, 2005

  2. This issue is commonly due to UDP connectivity problems. New email
    notifications are pushed from the Exchange Server via UDP; should a problem
    arise with UDP connectivity, Outlook will behave in exactly the fashion you
    describe, new email won't appear you change folders.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=159302
    XCLN: Exchange Server Push Notifications Generate ICMP Messages
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270065
    XADM: How to Troubleshoot New Mail Notification Issues
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=264035
    XADM: No Way to Configure Port for UDP New Mail Notification Packets

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

    "Exchange Server and Outlook 03" <Exchange Server and Outlook
    > Has anyone seen an issue using Exchange Server and Outlook where mail is

    not

    Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U], Feb 5, 2005

    I have similar issue, but what you explained would be site wide, it is only
    happening 3 client computers, it also works same with sending, emails will
    sit in outbox until a folder is clicked. Any help would be very much
    appreciated

    Guest, May 20, 2005

    I am using MS outlook 2000 - the same thing happens with me - I am the only
    one this affects in my office.
    Messages also get 'stuck' in my outbox.
    any advice greatly received!

    Guest, Jul 18, 2005

    allenbl Guest

    I am searching for a solution to this exact issue. It appears no resolution
    was found for the original question in 2005. Anyone have a solution?

    Recap: My new e-mail does not show up in the inbox until i have left the
    inbox and opened another folder and come back to the inbox....tada it's there!

    allenbl, Jun 3, 2008

    allenbl Guest

    I forgot to say, I am using Outlook 2007

    allenbl, Jun 3, 2008