Don't buy from dell, Sadam!

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just ordered a new battery from dell, and this is one of the questions they ask:

Q4. Will the product(s) be used in connection with weapons of mass destruction, i.e. nuclear applications, missile technology, or chemical or biological weapon purposes?
It was so funny!

KGB

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I ordered something from dell a few months ago and got the same message, very strange isn't it. I guess it covers them from liability, as companies like IBM have had problems in the past.

Reaction score
I almost did for a laugh once and then figured they would take it seriously ;)

no i would assume that if anything did happen and they found that Dell had supplied the products they could have been prosecuted for negligence/being involved in a plot against innocent people.

still - they are the only company i know that ask that!

Reaction score
Yeah, well people are hardly likely to click 'yes' and say they are terrorists!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Q4. Will the product(s) be used in connection with weapons of mass destruction, i.e. nuclear applications, missile technology, or chemical or biological weapon purposes?
... it was added as a direct result of 911

:D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
Hey, mucks when did you ad the exta one to your sig?
Today ... but not before 2 months 'evaluation', I've been well pleased with Spy Sweeper, I bought a subscription (about £16/£17) .... The subscription gives you 12 months worth of updates.

You can run your AV, then Ad-Aware, then SBotS&D, and then Spy Sweeper ... I bet you it finds 'stuff' left behind.

I won’t suggest you use it on its own, as we still need the other programs to help.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Reaction score
Why dont Dell protect themselves the same way gunmakers do? Seems a lot more mature than asking very stupid questions like that.

Reaction score
so you buy some batteries from another company apart form dell... get caught and say it was the company that made you do it and supplied the goods, not like you would do anything to get caught with

Reaction score
I only bought from Dell, because the battery way £39.99

When another company was trying to sell it for £89.99

Mucks, I bought a pc from dell 4 weeks ago & 1 year ago and i didn't get asked that!

Reaction score
wow perhaps they have gone crazy at Dell... its a waste of ink and time printing it i think..... its the responsibility of the user to use a product sensibly...

If i buy a fork and poke someone in the arm with it... should then very stupid and annoying warnings and mis-liabilities be printed all over the packaging of every cutulry set made?

Well i guess i can't buy from Dell when i build my super intercontinental biological/chemical ballistic (WMD) Missile..... Well what if i do get the battery from Dell and my Missile fails because of a dud Dell battery??.... Will this void my warrenty?.. Ha ha.. Bang goes my 2 year on site support!!.. And no chance for my money back..... Damn.... lol

Ask a Question