Domain and workgroup problem -- Please Help : (

Hi Everyone

We are a medium size company holding 140 Desktop and 8 Windows 2000 Server. We have only one domain domainA.com. Last month we have a domain or workgroup called "workgroup" appear on our network. I can not check the properties of that workgroup. I can not browse within the workgroup either. I am gettting a bit worry as we been getting a abit of spam to our Global Security Group E-mail list. (We use Exchnage 2000

Is there anyway I could find out about that workgroup or Delete it?? what step should I take ?

We use private IP within our network. we have DMZ. Antivirus Gateway and netscreen firewall.

Thanking you in Advance

Mr555

Bobby McMillan [MSFT]

Install the support tools from the Windows 2000 CD

1) browstat dn
---- This will display the network config of the browser service (DUMPNET
( DN) - Display the list of transports bound to browser)
---- This will display something like this:
List of transports currently bound to the browser

1 \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{lots_of_numbers_and_letters}

2) browstat getpdc NetBT_Tcpip_{lots_of_numbers_and_letters} workgroup

Hope this helps...