    --
    Leythos
    (remove 999 for proper email address)

    Leythos, Feb 4, 2007

  2. Leythos

    Troy McClure Guest

    your first thought should have been to go to the guildwars people... theyre
    really the only ones that will have a definitive answer

    Troy McClure, Feb 4, 2007

  3. Leythos

    Rob Guest

    Yes, it will run on Vista. I have it installed on my laptop and it works
    just fine.

    Rob, Feb 4, 2007
  4. Leythos

    Leythos Guest

    On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 20:43:28 -0500, Troy McClure wrote:

    > your first thought should have been to go to the guildwars people... theyre
    > really the only ones that will have a definitive answer

    And your first thought should have been to not think that a vendor would
    know how their product runs on every type/class of computer on the net. If
    you're not running GW then don't suggest the 2000% obvious.

    Leythos, Feb 4, 2007
  5. Leythos

    Leythos Guest

    On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 21:20:11 -0700, Rob wrote:

    > Yes, it will run on Vista. I have it installed on my laptop and it works
    > just fine.

    Cool, that's all I needed to find out, all the rest of my apps check out
    fine.

    Leythos, Feb 4, 2007
  6. Leythos

    Rob Guest

    To be honest, my first thought was why don't you install it and find out.
    Then I got to thinking that mybe you don't have you copy of Vista yet
    so I decided to install and find out myself.

    That is pretty much how I had to do things because it seemed that I
    could not get the answers from others that I needed. That and I
    guess that I love punishment, hell I'm married with childern so I
    must.

    Rob, Feb 4, 2007
  7. Leythos

    Leythos Guest

    On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 22:47:42 -0700, Rob wrote:

    > To be honest, my first thought was why don't you install it and find out.
    > Then I got to thinking that mybe you don't have you copy of Vista yet
    > so I decided to install and find out myself.
    >
    > That is pretty much how I had to do things because it seemed that I
    > could not get the answers from others that I needed. That and I
    > guess that I love punishment, hell I'm married with childern so I
    > must.

    I have 10 copies of Vista Business, and I've got a lot of machines that
    are well over the suggested spec to run it, but, I'm old school and don't
    install for production systems until 6+ months or the first service pack
    is released.

    With the number of problems I've read, about the same as when XP was
    released, I figured that I could just ask someone ALREADY running GW what
    they found and what they thought - that was the reason for my post.

    If you were not running GW before Vista then you're not a good person to
    reply. As most people that have run GW would have run it for months and
    invested many hours playing, so the upgrade to vista would also provide
    feedback on how it changes things (speed, graphics, overall performance).

    I'm married, more than 20 years, and my oldest is in the Active Duty
    Military, now if I could just get my younger two out and get some sweedish
    20y/o to come to my home as a live-in cleaner :)

    Leythos, Feb 4, 2007