    than or equal to symbol as text.

    Regards,
    Ciarán

    Ciar?n, Sep 30, 2004

  2. Ciar?n

    Alex Guest

    Ciaran

    I am not quite sure what the problem is here. Excel
    uses '<=' for 'less than or equal to' and '>='
    for 'greater than or equal to'.

    Now, I am using Excel 2003. I can type in <= and it
    remains in the cell as text. All seems fine.

    Maybe you ought to check that the cell you are using is
    formatted as 'General' or 'Text'.

    Your request seems odd and I think I have misunderstood.
    Do reply if I have not got it right and I shall endeavour
    to assist you.

    Wait a minute...

    Try <Insert> <Symbol...> and in the drop down box select
    <Mathematical Operators>. Here you will find the less
    than or equal to symbol. Is that what you need?

    And finally, if you precede your input into a cell with
    a ' then the input is treated as text. Maybe try that
    also.

    Alex

    symbol into a
    >cell?
    >I'm not actually creating a formula here, I am look to

    type the less

    Alex, Sep 30, 2004

  3. The Symbol font has those characters.

    To enter 'less than or equal to':
    Hold the Alt key, and on the number keypad, type: 0163

    To enter 'greater than or equal to':
    Hold the Alt key, and on the number keypad, type: 0179

    Format the cell with Symbol font, or select the character in the cell,
    and format them with Symbol font.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

    Debra Dalgleish, Sep 30, 2004
  4. Ciar?n

    dgflunk

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hold "Alt" and then press "243" for less than or equal to, or press "242" for greater than or equal to.

    Alt + 242 : ≥
    Alt + 243 : ≤

    This way you do not need to switch between fonts (assuming you are not ordinarily using the Symbols font to input data into cells).

    Hope that helps!

    dgflunk, Jan 21, 2013