DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, acPaste, , acMenuVer70

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access' started by Guest, Mar 2, 2006.

    My form has an event procedure in the beforeUpdate as seen below... I have a
    combobox on the same main form that has afterUpdate event. the thing is that
    when I select the AcctDescrAvailable combox to select Yes/No, I have popup
    that says select an account name which comes from the form's beforeupdate
    procedure. So I press ok then then the runtime error 2501, the Domenuitem
    action was cancelled.
    If ypu press debug it points to the
    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, acPaste, , acMenuVer70
    Which is in the afterupdate procedure of that combobox ...

    Any Help with this would be highly appreaciated....

    ***************beforeUpdate Procedure******************
    If Me!AcctDecision.Column(1) = "Pending" Then
    Debug.Print "Pending"
    If IsNull(Me!AcctCode) Then
    Debug.Print "AcctCode is null. Cancelling."
    Cancel = True
    strControl = strControl & "Select an Account Name" & vbCrLf
    End If
    End If

    Private Sub AcctDescrAvailable_AfterUpdate()
    Dim strARG As String
    Dim strSQL As String
    Dim DocName As String
    Dim LinkCriteria As String
    Dim Response As Integer
    Dim Cancel As Boolean

    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70

    If AcctDescrAvailable.Value = "No" Then
    strARG = _
    "Account Information, SELECT MailAddressLine1 as
    AcctAddrLine1,MailAddressLine2 as AcctAddrLine2, propCity as AcctCity,
    MailState as AcctState,MailZipCode as AcctZipCode FROM tblAcctInfor where
    [AcctID] = " & AcctID & ";"
    DocName = "frmAcctDescInput"
    DoCmd.OpenForm DocName, , , LinkCriteria, , , strARG
    Else
    strSQL = "UPDATE tblAcctInfor SET MailAddressLine1, MailAddressLine2,
    MailCity, MailState, MailZipCode= null where [AcctID] =" & AcctID & ";"
    CurrentDb.Execute strSQL
    End If

    End Sub

    Guest, Mar 2, 2006

    Sorry, but I'm not sure I quite understand exactly what you're trying to do
    here. It looks like you're trying to paste something somewhere after you
    update your 'AcctDescrAvailable' combobox.

    However, I'm not quite sure it is what you're trying to paste, since I don't
    see your code cutting or copying any data. My guess is that Access is giving
    you an error message since it simply doesn't know what you're trying to
    paste. I would recommend checking the clipboard to see whether or not
    there's any data there.

    If you can explain clearly what you're trying to do with this code, I may be
    able to be of more help to you.

    -Chris

    Guest, Mar 2, 2006

    Ok this is what happening, My form is used to enter some mortage Loan
    application information. (source of this form is tblAcctInfor)
    The combobox AcctDescrAvailable( which means is the account description
    address available) has values Yes, No, and Unknown. If a user selects no then
    a popup box(frmAcctDescInput) pops up for the user to enter the loan address
    information and when it closes the information in table tblAcctInfor is
    updated.

    tblAcctInfor has the Applicants address information the mortgage Loan
    address information, AcctDescrAvailable, AcctDecision among other fields.

    using the idea that I found in the following website
    http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/download3.asp?SampleName=OtherProblem.mdb

    Guest, Mar 2, 2006