    Thanks in advance.

    Regards
    lyn.

    lynxee, Sep 27, 2004

  2. lynxee

    '69 Camaro Guest

    Hi, Lyn.

    If your intent was to remove all user-level security that you previously
    applied, then you'll need to give the Admin user Open/Run Database
    permission in order to open the Blog.MDB database.

    If your intent was to keep this database secure, but not apply user-level
    security on the other databases, then you'll need to join the workgroup that
    was used to secure the Blog.MDB database, give the Admin user a password
    again, then rejoin the default workgroup, then create a shortcut that opens
    the Blog.MDB database with the appropriate workgroup. Then, you could just
    use the shortcut to open the Blog.MDB database, and you'll be prompted for
    your User ID and password, but never be bothered with the User ID and
    password when opening the other databases.

    HTH.

    Gunny

    See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
    See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips.

    (Please remove ZERO_SPAM from my reply E-mail address, so that a message
    will be forwarded to me.)

    '69 Camaro, Sep 27, 2004

  3. lynxee

    Terje Guest

    I have the same problem. Can somebody help me?

    Terje, Oct 8, 2004
  4. lynxee

    Joan Wild Guest

    Terje wrote:
    > I have the same problem. Can somebody help me?

    Simply clearing the Admin password, doesn't remove security; it only
    prevents the login prompt from popping up. This means you are silently
    logged in as 'Admin', and it's likely that this user doesn't have permission
    to open the mdb.

    To remove security properly...
    1. put a password back on the Admin user
    2. close Access and reopen your database using the proper mdw and logging in
    as a member of the Admins group.
    3. Give full permissions on all objects to the Users Group.
    4. Close Access and reopen it using the standard system.mdw (no login)
    5. Create a new mdb and import all objects from your mdb.

    This new mdb will be unsecured.

    --
    Joan Wild
    Microsoft Access MVP

    Joan Wild, Oct 8, 2004
  5. lynxee

    lynxee Guest

    Thanks '69 Camaro and joan wild. Luckily i haven't
    deleted the mdw file. Now the file is fully recovered. I
    never think of rejoin the work group previously.

    Appreciate your help so much.

    Rgds
    Lyn.

    lynxee, Oct 12, 2004