Do incompetent couriers count...?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Well the first of 4 parcels arrived via City Link this morning... at 7.30am. ON A SATURDAY!! Shouldn't moan really, at least it got here :rolleyes:

Two of the other parcels are coming via HDNL so I won't hold my breath...

Reaction score
got my package delivered by parcel force and they did not even bother to get me to sign for it!
was impressed that delivery only took 3 days from ordering so thats a positive.

0730 thats a great time to deliver on a saturday becky!!:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've had early morning Saturday deliveries from the likes of Yodel and City Link before, I have a feeling the driver may be working voluntarily without pay just to meet his target of 62,000 parcels delivered in one day.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm, time to ask any suppler what is the IQ of the delivery service they use, and I don't mean collectively. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

Aye, I read that. Tricky problem eh?

The problem lies with courier firm compettitiveness meaning low wages for drivers; people ordering stuff they just know they won't be at home to collect and the usual 'administrative errors' the copout clause for all.

I think the answer lies in setting up a series of local dropoff/collection centres. That may make the delivery cost a little more but would probably soothe a lot of angry people.

Everybody likes the fact that internet shopping makes goods cost cheaper. Nobody really took in the attendant snags. Apart from delivery problems, there's also the problem of if goods break down the postage/admin costs of rma-ing a product.

One day I think we'll actually rue the loss of high street shops.

Ask a Question