Do I require Anti Virus as well as Paid for Mailwarebytes

Reaction score
:confused:Do I need any more anti virus software as I have a licenced copy of Malwarebytes?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Malwarebytes is not an AV program!

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software.

:user:

CSB

Reaction score
I'm going to grab me some of this action. As soon as I get home that is.

Reaction score
I use Bitdefender Internet Security 2014.:thumb:

Yes paid for, but It does what it says it does & very good at it.:D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
MSE is also a good alternative, it does what it says on the tin :thumb:

no, it's being left unattended by MS ... Bitdefender is a better alternative ... even less intrusive than MSE, you do need an email address, but they do NOT pester you.

:user:

Reaction score
Just confirmation from Malware own Site:-

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild". This includes malicious programs and files, such as virus droppers, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and rogue applications that many antivirus programs do not detect or cannot fully remove. That being said, there are many infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does not detect or remove which any antivirus software will, such as file infectors. It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rare instances, exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.:thumb:

Reaction score
Malwarebytes work is to hunt down new and constantly changing malwares which poses the biggest threat to the average users, who faces the possible attacks directly from the web. Whereas the work of the antivirus is to protect you from the known and dangerous malware. Malware doesn’t look for that virus which are forgotten or might not have been seen for few years, But it is always said precaution is better than cure and I’ll suggest to keep both on your desktop to keep your desktop prevent from any type of malware error’s.

Ask a Question