    ways to get the ad intigreted zone?

    Thanks in advance!

    Robert

    Robert, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Not sure if it will solve your issue, buy try my tool - NetDig at
    www.mvptools.com.

    netdig yourzone.com axfr /export c:\temp\yourzone.com.txt

    This should export your zone to master file format. Try just doing a:
    netdig yourzone.com axfr

    first to see if you have rights to AXFR, if not, allow the client IP or any
    IP to do zone transfer. Let me know if that does or does not work for you.
    Thanks!

    --
    William Stacey, MVP

    William Stacey, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Robert

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for getting back to my problem!

    I tried netdig and it works very well! dnscmd on the other
    site has the problem.

    Thanks!

    Robert

    Guest, Jan 22, 2004
  4. It probably is do to how they work. dnscmd works by talking to the DNS
    server api. netdig works by making standard dns queries and processing the
    reply. It could be that dnscmd does not have the security to run, or that
    is failing while enumerating the zone data, which would lead to some
    corruption issue I would think. Anyway, glad that works for you.

    --
    William Stacey, MVP

    William Stacey, Jan 22, 2004