    just happened suddenly nothing was changed but now I have five machines
    connected to the same switch, to the same router and all have static IPs but
    some work some don't. Any ideas from anybody?

    Guest, Nov 3, 2006

  2. hmcmahan wrote:
    > I am a Network Eng. for a church. Yesterday the church lost all
    > internet connectivity except for the router everything looked and
    > worked fine. But none of the computers would connect to the internet.
    > It looked like that they were not resolving dns. Last night the
    > servers started connecting to the www but none of the workstations.
    > This morning same story and its driving me crazy.
    >
    > I have five machines sitting side by side and three work and two do
    > not. I can tell all five to ping and outside server and three work
    > perfectly and two state destination unreachable.
    > I am suddenly at a stand still because everything looks fine, this
    > problem just happened suddenly nothing was changed but now I have
    > five machines connected to the same switch, to the same router and
    > all have static IPs but some work some don't. Any ideas from anybody?

    Are you using the DC for DNS? (Only)
    Did you use nslookup to see if the internal DNS could resolve names on the
    internet?
    Can it resolve internal names?
    Does the internal DNS server have a "." forward lookup zone? (Delete it, if
    it does)

    Run some tests, try nslookup and an post ipconfig /all.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

    Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP], Nov 3, 2006