Windows XP dns/ intenet loss...lexmark drivers..comp .conn dies :(

Reaction score
hey peeps,

I have a couple of problems that I cannot work out for the life of me... this has been going on for months and dunno what to do... I even went to my local PC world and asked there but they were clueless....funnilly enough...

problem 1:

I am writing this now with no internet connectionw so will have to power down to post

Internet: I have virgin broadband and the internet connection disappears after an hour or so at most... this is only after being of for an amount of hours , if i just reset and power down it lasts for about 5 mins..

it is sending packets but not receiving, if i [pull the ethernet cable from the back of the modem and repklace a cpl of time quickly it works again for seconds then stops.

I have been on the phone to virgin so many time and cannot put myself through it anymore they say that their end is fine so must be computer, I have re-installed it a few months ago due to same problem but it is still there have had their engineers out but they don't know either!!! AAAGGGHHHHH!

Problem 2:

I have a lexmark 3350 all in one printer scanner, I downloaded the drivers from the lexmark site and it eats upto 99% of cpu when it loads up in start process... This is when the printer is not actually doing anything and just opverloads any other programs that I try and run
so i have to end the process through task manger(as am not actually using the printer)

when i do want to use the printer it doesn't work either!

I am really sorry for the long post but I am at despair...I havesome sytwem info I am going to add underneath ... If anyone can help It would be greatly appreciated.

I took this info while it was working.

[mucks edit]

pls people, give me some info.. If i have posted in the wrong forum i am very sorry but didn't know where to put it.

thanks in hope steve

Last edited:
Reaction score
You son't have an idle disconnect setting somewhere do you?

Reaction score
Read Asap

Steve please edit/remove your IP and DHCP address's please as soon as possible

Reaction score
I don't know if it has an idle disconnect I can't find the setting looked in internet options and connections but wasn't there.

cuts out when in use is not even idle.

:(

Reaction score
it won't let me edit that post now, only the 2nd post i made... any ideas, I am logged in but no option to edit??

Ask a Question