dlink dsl-g604t wont connect on wanadoo!

Reaction score
I recently got a dlink dsl-g604t adsl router. I plugged it in and all the lights are running to the proper specs. In my network connections folder the Local Area Connection icon is lit up and "Connected". However, when i come to go on explorer...it comes up asking me to connect to the internet via my old broadband or dial up. Why is this happening?

Reaction score
Have you done the settings in the web-based router setup yet?

Point your internet explorer to 192.168.0.1, should display a DLink page, you must complete your settings there and then disable any connections on your computer to the old broadband connection for it to check the LAN for a connection.

HTH.

Chris,

Reaction score
What if you connect directly from your mdm to computer. any srvc then? also. a common over looked step is not giving the router time to split the ip. shut down your computer, and then unplug the router then mdm. wait 2 minutes. plug in the mdm, wait 30 seconds. plug in the router. wait 2-5 minutes, depending on how many computers you have, i always give it 5 so i dont have to redo it. then turn on your computer. if that doesnt work. follow chrisimrie's instructions above.

Reaction score
Stage 4 in the set-up process

chrisimrie said:
Have you done the settings in the web-based router setup yet?

Point your internet explorer to 192.168.0.1, should display a DLink page, you must complete your settings there and then disable any connections on your computer to the old broadband connection for it to check the LAN for a connection.

HTH.

Chris,

My problem - XP, IE6, Wanadoo... - is that even with Wanadoo uninstalled etc, still cannot get any page displayed on IE6.
All the ping stuff and lights are fine. The gear works but I cannot get through the stage 4.
Any idea?
Nikki

Reaction score
604T router & Outlook

Have recently installed, and configured D-Link G604T router with XP. Everything working fine except Microsoft utlook. Won't allow sending or receiving of e.mails. All suggestions to aleviate this problem will be appreciated. Am using Tiscali as ISP.

Many thanks

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Goodmans said:
Have recently installed, and configured D-Link G604T router with XP. Everything working fine except Microsoft utlook. Won't allow sending or receiving of e.mails. All suggestions to aleviate this problem will be appreciated. Am using Tiscali as ISP.

Many thanks
Goodmans - welcome to PC Review :)

You really need to start a new thread with your problem, maybe one of this sections Mods can move it, or you can create it yourself :thumb:

Ask a Question