Distro Sofware Sites.

Reaction score
Been looking for my big sister who is interested in Linux and Open Source Software.
Any good places online to buy the sofware on disc & get a book to read up on the distro she decides on?

As I will be providing support!:eek: I need to know myself!!:eek:
She is already OK with Open Office as been running it for about 7 years.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Distrowatch is the site I use.

You don't have to pay for a Linux Distro on disk, it costs nothing (with most distros) to download and burn the ISO to a DVD or convert to a USB stick.

A DVD costs 20p at most and a USB stick is reusable.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Been looking for my big sister who is interested in Linux and Open Source Software.
Any good places online to buy the sofware on disc & get a book to read up on the distro she decides on?

As I will be providing support!:eek: I need to know myself!!:eek:
She is already OK with Open Office as been running it for about 7 years.

She would be better of with the Libre Office fork of OF as it is being more actively developed and is by a long way the most popular of the two.

Distro Watch is probably the easiest place to get info on almost any of the alternative os's.

As flops says download and burn for free.

Mint seems to be pretty popular here and there are regular users here to help out if needed.
breakfast.gif

Or you might consider RoboLinux or one of the Makulu's both seem pretty stable and suitable for your purposes.

Ask a Question