Distance Buying by Internet, Fax, Mail or Phone

Article Distance Buying by Internet, Fax, Mail or Phone

Reaction score
MeshVictim submitted a new article:

Distance Buying by Internet, Fax, Mail or Phone - Distance Buying by Internet, Fax, Mail or Phone

Distance Buying in the UK

I work in the Trading Standards Department of a County Council and in 2005 I had a truly appalling nightmare experience when I bought a computer by phone. As a result, with the help of my Trading Standards Officer colleagues at work, I became quite knowledgeable about consumer rights when buying “at distance”, that is when the goods are not actually seen and there is no face to face contact. I hope this information will be helpful to others who have similar...

Read more about this article...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Done it for many years & never had any problem.
The only dispute I have had was with an online stockbroker, ( Selftrade, formerly Comdirect) who insisted that I update my details as a matter of course. I argued that this was totally unnecessary as none of my other online or traditional brokers needed or requested this information so they froze my account & denied me access, so I closed it. With the way the market has gone it was one of the best things I have ever done.

Regards,

N. ;-)

Ask a Question