    Other web pages have the same problem, but this was easier to
    explain.

    Melvin Edward

    Melvin Edward, Aug 6, 2010

  2. Melvin Edward

    Iceman Guest

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 04:18:39 -0700 (PDT), Melvin Edward wrote in message

    > Pages don¢t display correctly. For example msn.com home page, you have
    > the top five news items with a box at the bottom of the news. You have
    > a choice right to left |Previous | Pause| Next. All I see is a
    > square box, no left arrow, no right arrow or pause icon. Now if I move
    > the mouse pointer on the box the mouse pointer hand will show and then
    > the text is displayed depending on what box you move on.
    > I have reset IE8, it¢s free of malware and virus, I also updated
    > Java, Adobe shockwave. Reinstalled SP3 and reinstalled IE8 again. I
    > was getting desperate and tried Mozilla browser as well and it also
    > has the same problem as well. The last thing I did was repair windows
    > and reloaded ie8 and service packs and I still have the same problem.
    > Other web pages have the same problem, but this was easier to
    > explain.

    One cause could be faulty video drivers, or you may need a new video card,
    since the problem also occurs in Mozilla.

    You can also try uninstalling all addons on IE8, if you have them running.
    If that fixes the problem it says something about IE, if its default
    homepage doesn't even display correctly.

    Iceman, Aug 7, 2010

  3. Re: II

    On Aug 6, 8:47 pm, nesredep egrob <Long. -31,48.21 Lat. 115,47.40>
    wrote:
    > On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 04:18:39 -0700 (PDT), Melvin Edward
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >Pages don’t display correctly. For example msn.com home page, you have
    > >the top five news items with a box at the bottom of the news. You have
    > >a choice right to left   |Previous | Pause| Next.  All I see is a
    > >square box, no left arrow, no right arrow or pause icon. Now if I move
    > >the mouse pointer on the box the mouse pointer hand will show and then
    > >the text is displayed depending on what box you move on.
    > > I have reset IE8, it’s free of malware and virus, I also updated
    > >Java, Adobe shockwave. Reinstalled SP3 and reinstalled IE8 again. I
    > >was getting desperate and tried Mozilla browser as well and it also
    > >has the same problem as well. The last thing I did was repair windows
    > >and reloaded ie8 and service packs and I still have the same problem.
    > >Other web pages have the same problem, but this was easier to
    > >explain.

    > >Melvin Edward

    > I bet you can read the screen from the other side of the room. Right Click the
    > screen and go for Properties/Settings - something like 1280x1024 might suit -
    > try it and you will feel well again
    >
    > Borge in sunny Perth, Australia- Hide quoted text -

    Hi Borge,
    Thanks for the Reply !!
    You was correct the text you could see across the room. But i reset
    everthing back to default. and the problem is still there. Another
    web page www.malwarebytes.org might help if you see this. there is a
    picture across the the top of the page and it has there icon links,
    Download Free version, Buy Now Full Version, and Corporate licensing.
    I don't see this. All i see is a white sceen and when i move the mouse
    over the Download free version icon, my mouse shows the hand and it
    says download free, it does the same for the other links. I have also
    updated the video driver.
    Melvin Edward

    Melvin Edward, Aug 9, 2010