    Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 Version 1.0.559

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance

    alex_mayorga, Apr 23, 2009

  2. alex_mayorga

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    If the option is grayed out then it doesn't make any difference if it is
    selected or not; the setting is being ignored anyway.
    The option is either grayed out because the "Display online status..." is
    disabled or because it has been configured (forced) by other means.
    Does the function itself work?

    --
    Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/

    http://www.msoutlook.info/

    -----

    Roady [MVP], Apr 23, 2009

  3. Does your organization use a GPO to disable this option? Check with your IT
    folks.

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

    After furious head scratching, alex_mayorga asked:

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], Apr 27, 2009
  4. alex_mayorga

    SeNsE Guest

    I'm having the same issue here. Same setup:

    Windows Vista SP1
    Outlook 2007 SP2 (12.0.6423.1000)
    Office Communicator 2005 Version 1.0.559.226

    My colleague's do not have this issue (same setup) and our computers
    are in the same OU so the same GPO must by applied. I've previously
    had this issue on a Windows XP with Office 2003 as well.
    I never found a solution for it. I just installed SP2 for Office 2007
    today and remembered this issue, that's why I checked the setting
    again but no luck...

    Best regards,
    Bart

    SeNsE, Apr 29, 2009
  5. alex_mayorga

    Pukke Guest

    Re: "Display online status in the To and..." check box is grayed o

    Found a way to enable / disable both check boxes.

    Outlook 2007 with mailboxes on Exchange 2003 SP2 servers.

    Whenever the Outlook client is configured to work online with the Exchange
    server the second option ( Display online status in the To and Cc fields only
    when the ,ouse pointer rests on a person name) is greyed out.

    For Outlook clients configured to use "CACHED MODE" the option becomes
    available.

    I don't have any furter explanation as to why there is a difference for
    these options between cached mode or just straight online mode but at least
    you now know how you can get arround this issue.

    Cheers,
    Dirk

    Pukke, May 12, 2009