    Technologies Inc. 3D RAGE IIC AGP driver and the
    version is 5.00.2174.1. I was wondering...how can i fix
    it so that Warcraft III can run. Thank you

    zeppelin, Jul 30, 2004

  2. Unfortunately, your video card is specifically listed as "not supported" by
    Blizzard (the publisher of the game.)

    Look here: http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mwr0555p

    Sorry :( You will need to upgrade your video card to play the game.

    You can try these steps which sometimes helps people who get that error
    message, but I doubt it will help you due to the hardware you are running.

    --Disable then re-enable Direct 3D:
    1.. Click Start
    2.. Click Run
    3.. Type dxdiag and push Enter
    4.. Select the Display tab
    5.. Click the Disable button next to Direct3D Acceleration
    6.. Click the Enable button next to Direct3D Acceleration and try the game
    again

    Colin Nash
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Printing/Imaging/Hardware

    Colin Nash [MVP], Aug 3, 2004

  3. zeppelin

    jamescameron

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Try this

    First of all,
    DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ROLLBACK OR UNINSTALL YOUR DIRECTX.
    IT JUST DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.
    Reverting back to previous versions of DirectX, I assure you,
    will not solve the problem
    but will just mess up your Operating System.

    Secondly,
    BEFORE RESORTING TO GIVING UP YOUR CURRENT GRAPHIC CARDS
    AND BUYING NEW ONES,
    try this possible solution first.

    THE ONLY REASON WHY THE ERROR MESSAGE
    "..Unable to intialize DirectX..."
    APPEARS IN WARCRAFT IS THAT
    DIRECT3D ACCELERATION IS DISABLED
    (even if your graphics card is direct3d-capable)
    or IS JUST SIMPLY NOT SUPPORTED BY YOUR GRAPHICS CARD.

    To know if it's disabled,
    type dxdiag in the run command.
    Go to Display tab.
    Check DirectDraw and Direct3d acceleration.
    Status of these two must be "Enabled" and is clickable.
    If it's not, then your Direct3d is indeed disabled,
    which prohibits warcraft from running.

    SO THE QUESTION NOW IS, HOW DO YOU ENABLE DIRECT3D? Simple.
    Just go to Display Properties (from the Control Panel),
    then click Settings tab,
    and then click Advanced button.
    Look for the tab where "Hardware acceleration" is present
    (in most cases, it's in the Troubleshoot tab).
    Drag the indicator to Full.
    Click Apply and OK.

    Just to be safe, restart your PC again.
    Run Warcraft.

    [​IMG]

    jamescameron, Dec 17, 2007
  4. zeppelin

    Noel Kearns

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ive got the same problem as zeppelin,and I did what jamescameron advised but my Warcraft 3 still doesnt work.Its most probably because I have NO video card(or graphics card.)... But the funny thing is,it only works 'sometimes' and sometimes it doesnt!When it doesnt work I try restarting my pc a few times,and after about 3 or 4 tries,it ll work.But recently it hasnt been working at all...So if anyone can tell me why it only works at certain times that would help.Thanks

    Noel Kearns, Apr 3, 2010