Diskeeper 2007

Review Diskeeper 2007

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
bigmutt said:
This is a totally-unnecessary product, as has been proven again and again by serious, competent lab tests.

Serious? Competent?

I have an open mind but I won't be swerved by meaningless hyperbole.
Prove it. Give us links.

Don't just come in here on your first post with a negative attitude.

The ball's in your court my friend.

Reaction score
bigmutt said:
This is one of those myths that software makers (some) perpetuate.
This is a totally-unnecessary product, as has been proven again and again by serious, competent lab tests.
Most HDDs are not affected by normal fragmentation, as far as slowing down your programs or web surfing. When extreme fragmentation does occur, the utility included with your operating system is more than adequate to fix it.

Read the science, folks; not the hype.

I dont agree with that personally. I have experienced slowdown on my laptop and posted the problem myself here. The drive was fragmented and the performance was slower and jerkier than before. And quite contrary to your view, i felt that programs were slow too. I mean it does make sense, if the files that have to be accessed are scattered all over, it will definitely take longer for those to load right? Reading up on other user's experiences lead me to understand that each drive's level of fragmentation depends on the level of activity. Some people get fragmentation on their drives at the end of each working day.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i havent seen any serious slowdown due to fragmentation, but then again i defrag about once or twice a week. :D
MS defragger is good enough for me.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
And CCleaner (daily) to wipe away the any uneeded files :D

Reaction score
I am near the end of my Diskeeper Pro Trial period, and I really like the automatic defrag feature- its really convenient.:thumb:

Initially I ran only a few manual defrags, but I have had it running on autodefrag for the last 2 weeks, and it really does a great job of keeping both C: and D: frag-free. Hehehe with my paranoia about running unwanted background services I was really uncomfortable with the thought of leaving autodefrag on all the time; I expected it to bog down other apps, but it has behaved very well, and I barely notice its presence except for the occasional HDD LED activity. Cool defragger (if a defragger can be 'cool' in any way :D) and I am going to get the dept to get me a fulll blown license now :D

Reaction score
Windows Defrager Bites it:p

The defragger in Windows is just too slow and doesn't actually defrag the disk completely. You have to run it many times in order to get anywhere near a fragment-free disk. Diskeeper is much quicker and actually does defrag the disk in one go!

Amen to that ^^^ a diskeeper version Albeit stripped :( I Hate the windows version it's more than just slow
I'm sorry but it sucks:( its a one time manual defrag an it never seems to get to the point kinda like this Post:p

Diskeeper it will pay for itself in the long run: Saved time + Saved Aggravation and you won't have to wait an hour once a month...=D!!:thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have turned off the defragmentation feature at startup for now. The reason is that it takes some time to boot the computer, and I like to get to my work fast. I think it's probably okay to turn this feature on every once in a while as opposed to all the time.

Reaction score
Just instaled Diskeeper 2008 30 day trial....

All seemed well and good with the instalation. No problems there.

Drives showing up are: (C:) Local Disk
And
(E:) Mobile_Connect (Three Broadband Huawei E220 Data Modem)

Diskeeper wont allow for anything to happen while this is plugged in...? Unplug it and all starts well....
Now just to wait and see how it all fairs up when done defragmenting...Defrag normaly takes me around 4 hours and I haven't performed one in near three months...Diskeepr seemsto have completed 40% defrag in about 15 minutes...My question is, is Diskeepr that good that it can be doing this pocess this quickly..? I'll have to wait till the end to compare before and after reports.....

Reaction score
An update to my earlier post...Diskeepr 2008 finished Defraging in about an hour and a half, I thought quite impressive considdering the noraml 4 or so hours the Windows utility takes...Had a little play around and didn't notice much improvement in speed or anything...I did however like the idea of the auto defrag, and the fact it defrags around programmes you might be using at the time...That said I uninstalled it as I really just wnated to see if one trial defrag would make a difference...Did a bit of surfing and MSN chats for a few hours and opened Windows Disk Defragmentor and clicked on Analyze just for the hell of it.....Message window popped up and I had to take a double double tak on what it was telling me...Volume needs to be defragged...I thought nah this can't be true, but ran defrag anyway...three and a half hours later defrag i finished, and I can feel a considerable change in performance.....Could this have just been a duff download that I downloaded...So I will wait a few weeks and do another trial and see what happens....

Ask a Question