    How do manually Delete my contiguous files after i Defrag my computer,
    becuase at this moment in time i dont have the money to take my computer in
    to a ITech person to have it done.

    Frank, Oct 23, 2009

  2. Frank

    Leonard Grey Guest

    The goal of defragmentation is to create contiguous files.
    ---
    Leonard Grey
    Errare humanum est

    Leonard Grey, Oct 23, 2009

  3. Frank

    Elmo Guest

    Frank wrote:
    > How do I manually delete my contiguous files after I defrag my hard drive?
    > At this moment in time I don't have the money to take my computer in
    > to an ITech person to have it done.

    Leave the system alone. A defrag makes the movable files contiguous.
    If it misses one or two, there's no harm done, except for a hint of a
    slowdown when those files are accessed. How often can that happen?

    --
    Joe =o)

    Elmo, Oct 23, 2009
  4. On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:56:01 -0700, Frank
    <> wrote:

    > How do manually Delete my contiguous files after i Defrag my computer,
    > becuase at this moment in time i dont have the money to take my computer in
    > to a ITech person to have it done.

    Sorry, I don't understand this question at all. Exactly what do you
    want to accomplish? Why?

    After defragging, all (or at least most) of your files are contiguous.
    The reason you defragged was to make them contiguous.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, Oct 23, 2009
  5. Frank

    Unknown Guest

    What are you asking?

    Unknown, Oct 23, 2009
  6. Frank

    db Guest

    having contiguous files is the goal
    when you have a small hard drive.

    if you had a large hard drive then
    having fragmented files would be
    on no great consequence,

    though I prefer a contiguous file
    system myself.

    however, because of the mechanics
    of the computer, contiguous files
    always become fragments again.

    -----------------------

    to answer the question about deleting
    files,

    which every files you choose to delete,
    move, copy, etc will be done whether
    your files are fragmented or
    contiguous.

    -------------------------

    to be contiguous is to be unfragmented.

    --
    db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
    DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    db, Oct 23, 2009
  7. On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:38:09 -0500, "db" <>
    wrote:

    > having contiguous files is the goal
    > when you have a small hard drive.
    >
    > if you had a large hard drive then
    > having fragmented files would be
    > on no great consequence,

    Not so. The larger the hard drive, the farther apart the fragments are
    likely to be. And the farther apart they are, the slower access to
    them will be.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, Oct 23, 2009
  8. Frank

    db Guest

    I agree in part.

    :)

    db, Oct 24, 2009
  9. Frank

    Unknown Guest

    Not necessarily so.
    The larger the drive the faster (usually) it spins. Also data transfer rates
    are faster.

    Unknown, Oct 24, 2009