Disk Cleanup Manager / Temp Internet Files Folder

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Guest, May 26, 2005.

    1)
    When i run Disk cleanup, it works fine as long as i dont have temp internet
    files selected...when i select it a run the program..it come up with the
    error msg saying that it has encountered a problem & needs to close. Its also
    asking me if i want to send an error report to microsoft, when i click on the
    view details of error report i get this :

    AppName: cleanmgr.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: wininet.dll
    ModVer: 6.0.2900.2627 Offset: 0001b800

    2)
    When i go to control panel, internet options and try to delete internet
    files from there...this error msg pops up :

    An exception occurred while trying to run
    "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL
    "C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcpl.cpl",Internet Options"

    3)
    When i try to go through documents and setting, owner, local settings and
    just as i click on the temp internet files folder, it immediatly comes up
    with an error msg saying windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs
    to close. Ive tried almost everything suggested here. From getting the
    registry fix for disk cleanup freeze, to restoring disk cleanup manager, to
    downloading other disk cleaners. But whenever i go to disk cleanup manager
    again, it shows i have alot of files left in the temp internet folder and yet
    i still cant use the disk cleanup manager to rectify the problem. Same
    problem keeps repeating. Can Someone give me the solution? Please.

    Guest, May 26, 2005

    David Candy Guest

    Try this
    Log on as a different administrator, create a new account. If the error
    occurs in the new account then don't bother going any further and post back.

    Type cmd in Start Run, type in the command prompt

    rd /s "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files"

    Wait till it returns. Log back in to old account and try again.

    David Candy, May 26, 2005

    Bob I Guest

    Try this, Open Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, General,
    Delete Files.

    If that doesn't work, Go to my computer r-click "C:", Properties, Tools,
    Check now, Fix errors, Start. etc.

    If still not working. Get Ad-aware SE and Spybot S&D (free versions) and
    see what is hiding in there.

    Bob I, May 26, 2005