Disk cleanup files: "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT"

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Guest, Oct 1, 2007.

    I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.

    When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the program
    searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name "PER
    USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I have
    not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find out
    what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists a
    similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up tool.
    The clean up removed all of his data files.

    Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
    discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run the
    utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased, and
    that they have had to re-install Vista!

    Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears to be
    a major bug with Vista!

    Guest, Oct 1, 2007

    hi , i regularly delete these files ,i posted a thread a few days ago about
    which temp files to delete and i was advised to delete them i did so to no
    ill effects
    --
    martyb

    Guest, Oct 1, 2007

    The slighest problem, and it is a MAJOR bug with Vista, lol.
    And there wasn't even a problem!

    Guest, Oct 1, 2007

    DP Guest

    "cvcctome" <> wrote in message
    >I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
    >
    > When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the program
    > searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name "PER
    > USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I
    > have
    > not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find out
    > what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists a
    > similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up
    > tool.
    > The clean up removed all of his data files.
    >
    > Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
    > discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run
    > the
    > utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased,
    > and
    > that they have had to re-install Vista!
    >
    > Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears to
    > be
    > a major bug with Vista!

    What exactly is your "problem"? You haven't deleted these files yet, so you
    haven't lost anything. So what's the problem?

    DP, Oct 2, 2007

    julesdavid Guest

    Thanks very much shub
    I Had all the problems of the other posts causing hours of reinstalling
    windows etc.
    On what you recommended It worked straight away and my computer is so much
    better now.
    I cannot understand why Microsoft have not put this severe bug right as I
    only installed my Vista in JAN 08.
    Great Post Shub

    julesdavid, Jan 9, 2008

    electriclott Guest

    electriclott, Mar 16, 2008

    electriclott Guest

    I had this same problem....and yes when i selected these files to be be
    deleted it ereased all my files........the fix that you provided did
    work...however every time i run my registry cleaner the problem occurs
    again...i think my reg cleaner (NETCOM 3)is deleting the strings...i should
    be able to ignore these files for deletion next time. It is curious why
    this all of a sudden happened...I have been running vista now for over a year
    and never had this problem...then all of a sudden it appeared about a week
    ago...I wounder if it somehow happened with a windows update. Any way I will
    update this post to let you know if it is my reg cleaner that is deleting the
    strings.......whatever you do dont select those files to be deleted in disk
    clean up...I had to reinstall vista...it ereased everything

    electriclott, Mar 16, 2008
  8. Yup. Exclude the Volume Caches location when using the so called "registry cleaners". Or even better, don't use registry cleaners at all :) IMHO, they breaks things more than what they fix.

    Serious Disk Cleanup problem caused by broken registration | The Winhelponline.com Blog:
    http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/serious-disk-cleanup-problem-caused-by-broken-registration/

    --
    Regards,

    Ramesh, MS-MVP, Mar 16, 2008

    John Hanley Guest

    A modest possible 'work-around' regarding this issue: If you go to Control
    Panel|Problem Reports and Solutions|Clear solution and problem history and
    say Yes, then a subsequent Disk Cleanup will have no entries for the
    possibly troublesome 'error report' categories. I have done this when I was
    suspicious of the entries (although I have never used a registry cleaner and
    never really had the big problem discussed). But it is *a* way to get rid
    of the archived error reporting entries in Disk Cleanup. Not really a 'work
    around', but FWIW...

    John Hanley, Mar 16, 2008
  10. >> subsequent Disk Cleanup will have no entries for the possibly troublesome 'error report' categories.

    Disk Cleanup would still list "Error report" handler showing (erroneously) that it occupies GBs of space.

    --
    Regards,

    Ramesh, MS-MVP, Mar 17, 2008