Dishonored 2: release date

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I loved the first Dishonoured and bought and played all the DLC for it.

The second one is not faring so well. At least not on PC.

The game has been out for 7 months now which means that the developers (Bethesda) should have had time to sort out any problems. But if you look at user reviews on Steam they are full of reports of faults such as extremely long loading times and random crashing to desktop.

And it's not just one or two disgruntled purchasers but dozens of them. Which makes me give a bit of smile when Steam list the game rating as 'Mostly positive'. You what? Do not believe Steam ratings, read the user reviews.

Mostly positive eh? Must be why Steam currently have it on sale for half price - £20. I, for one, am going to keep a respectable distance from it.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Looks like the price has dropped to around £20'ish. They have released quite a few patches and made some game improvements according to what I have read.
An there is a free demo,

We’re pleased to announce that a free trial for Dishonored 2 is now available! Out now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, the free trial allows players to dive into the first three missions of the campaign as either Empress Emily Kaldwin or the Royal Protector, Corvo Attano.
The free trial can be downloaded from Dishonored 2’s store page on the PSN Store, Xbox Marketplace and Steam. What’s more, players that decide to upgrade to the full game during or after the free trial will keep all of the saves made during the trial, and can continue enjoying Dishonored 2’s campaign from where they left off

https://bethesda.net/en/article/5w7Esw8j5KmWq8o0oie6ck/dishonored-2-free-trial

If I can find the time I will give it a try out as there is nothing to loose, though I will have to find some room for it as me ssd is full to bursting and me other game hdd is full too. :rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'll certainly give a free demo a try, but can potential purchasers be sure the full version will be stable (as opposed to the demo which just might be very carefully optimised). Cynical? Moi?

Now then, the demo - Xbox One or PC? :confused:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'll certainly give a free demo a try, but can potential purchasers be sure the full version will be stable (as opposed to the demo which just might be very carefully optimised). Cynical? Moi?

Now then, the demo - Xbox One or PC? :confused:

You just spent a fortune on a real super duper pc build an yer considering playing a game on the xbox
J7adbEJn54qjELgaZTzS.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The PC build is at least a year old now, I haven't just spent the money on it. The video output is switchable between my PC monitor and a 40" monitor which I use with the Xbox One S. And the audio output from the PC is switchable between my PC sound system and my main living room stereo system.

The console & large monitor were purchased as much to play Bluray discs and watch videos as play games but I do have to say playing games on a large monitor seated on a sofa has its attractions.

It's all about choice. Choice and mood ;)

Dishonored 2 'free trial' currently downloading, along with a demo for Ocean Horn: Monster Of Uncharted Seas. The Xbox One demo for new game Prey is also installed but I haven't tried it yet.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Tried the demo on the Xbox, came to the conclusion this is a game that does not suit a game controller so downloaded the PC demo.

On my computer the demo plays without issue and it looks and plays fabulous. I reckon this is a good game, possibly even better than the first one.

However. They've bumped the price up to 40 quid again and there are still a lot of negative reviews about how the game runs on a PC at Steam.

It is available for £32 at Greenman Gaming and probably available for that price elsewhere but still too expensive for a game that's over six months old and has been riddled with problems.

When it's available for twenty quid or less and has received reviews stating it's running stable, then perhaps I might indulge.

Whilst I'm here, I tried the Prey demo on Xbox and didn't like it at all. There's nothing wrong with it far as I can see, it just didn't appeal to me.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
On my computer the demo plays without issue and it looks and plays fabulous. I reckon this is a good game, possibly even better than the first one.

That is good to know, I'll not be buying it till the price drops though as I am too tight to pay full price and I have a ton of games waiting to be played. For instance Skyrim which had a play slot of 2015 but looks like it is booked for a autumn 2017 play slot.:lol:

As to controllers,tv's and sofas, me Steam controller and me 42" tv and large comfy chair have been an excellent combination this winter for playing Borderlands and Borderlands 2, oh and Devil May Cry.

I do not have anything against XBox's etc apart from the , no saving when you want missing feature. You do get better graphics from a gaming pc though that gap is narrowing. As you say courses for horses.

:cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh Barbie - you biaatch!

That is SO like a man, having to boast about size.

I have 40" you just have to say you have 42"

I'll scratch yer eyes out :(

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Oh Barbie - you biaatch!

That is SO like a man, having to boast about size.

I have 40" you just have to say you have 42"

I'll scratch yer eyes out :(

Heck I'm sorry me post got to you mate. Me 'umble apologies.

wanders off

Thinks

"better not mention me GTX1070 then" :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
GTX1070? Oh noooooooos, what am I to do? *Sob*

Cor blimey , have a tissue mate. Things can only get better.

wanders of thinking

"thank goodness I never mentioned me Samsung SM 951 NVME drive"

34cc389bb48626e6ac8e5189473c8cd9c17c8abd.html
b4e1abaf9afd4ca16feb988b5856b9d1_smiley-face-tongue-out-clipart-sticking-out-tongue_463-258.gif

The SM951 is not just faster than the 850 EVO. It’s faster than three 850 EVOs at once. It’s a difference you’ll feel all day long, from boot time to Photoshop, never mind loading game levels and the other obvious advantages of a massive boost in I/O.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Not gonna get upset over that one, I have a Kingston Hyper-X SSD meself and working with the rest of my system it turns in a very respectable performance, quite happy with it.

I do want a 1070 though...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Not gonna get upset over that one, I have a Kingston Hyper-X SSD meself and working with the rest of my system it turns in a very respectable performance, quite happy with it.

I do want a 1070 though...

I can heartily recommend the Zotac version, mine is similar to this,

Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP Extreme 8GB GDDR5 Dual-link DVI HDMI 3x DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card

The one I have was a great deal cheaper than above. I think it was a sort of prototype as I can not change the light colours even with the latest firmware. In fact the Zotac software does not seem to let me do anything. I have fan control via MSI Afterburner which works well. Not too bothered about the Zotac stuff as I am not going to overclock at all. Would have been nice to have changeable light colours though.

It is a huge card and almost brushes the back of the case I have. Runs almost silently and so far has allowed me to play all games maxed out.
I am rather hoping that this present rig will last as long or longer than me last build. An I am also hoping that I will too.

breakfast.gif

http://www.ebuyer.com/750807-zotac-...59&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=CM-PzbSK99MCFYWc7QodAloJyQ

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Why is your text so big? :confused:

The 1070's seem to have come down in price a little, here's those available at OCUK: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia/geforce-gtx-1070

Though most are priced around the £400 mark. I rather fancy either MSI or EVGA, have had good results from them in the past. Currently have a GTX970 which when I bought it seemed like a bargain price as it was shortly to be discontinued and it had three full price games with it. But shortly after it fell even more in price and I didn't like 2 of the free games - Far Cry Primal and Tom Clancy's The Division.

I still have my previous build, now 5.5 years old, based around a first generation i7 and it's still very respectable, performs well, so here's hoping yours and mine current builds have the same or longer lifespan.

Ask a Question