Discussion: The US Presidential Election

Reaction score
Well Niv I voted to remain in the EEC and my wife voted to Leave and you haven't heard me moan about the will of the people. BUT if it all goes tits up then by golly you will hear me moan

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
14670690_10205966840729573_96825494616375250_n.jpg

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Donald Trump goes on a fact-finding visit to Israel.
While he is on a tour of Jerusalem he suffers a heart attack and dies.
The undertaker tells the American diplomats accompanying him, 'You can have him shipped home for $50,000, or you can bury him here, in the Holy Land for just $100.'

The American diplomats go into a corner and discuss for a few minutes.
They come back to the undertaker and tell him they want Donald shipped home.
The undertaker is puzzled and asks, 'Why would you spend $50,000 to ship him home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would spend only $100?

The American diplomats replied, ‘A long time ago a man died here, was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead.
We just can't take the risk.' :D

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
The New York Times to Offer Open Access on Web and Apps for the Election

The New York Times is inviting readers to take advantage of its reporting, analysis and commentary from the lead-up through the aftermath of the 2016 election. Readers will have unlimited access to NYTimes.com for 72 hours from 12:01 a.m. ET on Monday, November 7 until 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 9.

“This is an important moment for our country,” said Arthur Sulzberger, Jr., publisher of The New York Times. “Independent journalism is crucial to democracy and I believe there is no better time to show readers the type of original journalism The New York Times creates every day.”

http://www.nytimes.com/

Reaction score
Not being a American citizen but I do not think ether of them are great but of them both I think that Clinton would be more diplomatic than big mouth Trump, if he got in God help the rest of the world.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Today is the day!

Is anyone staying up to find out what happens? I guess by tomorrow morning, we'll know what has happened... unless one of them decides to not concede!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Frankly I can't wait for it to be over, I've seen enough of both of them already!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The end is nigh :eek:

It's too close to call. Part of me thinks it will be Trump that wins though. I wonder how bad it will actually be? Will he start WW3 or will he actually bring change to a corrupt system? His attitude to women really makes me angry, but having a womaniser as US President is nothing new (just look at Kennedy). Not that it makes it right, though.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just in case you're still on the fence and can't decide (and American) GradeAUnderA did a couple of videos to help you make up your mind.

FYI, slightly NSFW language.

Ask a Question