Discussion: The US Presidential Election

Reaction score
I think you have remember Urmas's history, we all talk about WW2 as a US and GB war but it wasn't we had USSR as a sort of ally (Hitler's big mistake invading The USSR) but the USSR were also invading Finland and the USSR got a beating at great loss of life, so the Fins tend to distrust the Russians with great cause and unlike the UK and the USA they share a border with Russia.

Last edited:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Hillary Clinton would beat Donald Trump in every country polled except Russia, poll finds

The biggest gaps between the two candidates were in European countries. In Portugal Mr Trump would lose, getting just 5 per cent of the vote to Ms Clinton’s 85 per cent.

In Britain Mr Trump get win 15 per cent of the vote to Ms Clinton’s 64 per cent, with 21 per cent saying they did not know which way they would vote.

In Finland, South Korea, Sweden, Colombia, Mexico, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands, and Paraguay Mr Trump would lose by a margin of around 70 per cent or more, the poll found.

Apart from Russia the most Trump-friendly country was China, where he would only lose by 9 per cent.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That fact that he might not accept the result is potentially terrifying... all his talk about how he thinks the election is rigged, that the media has been bought, that everything is against him, combined with the fact he may not concede, is a potential recipe for trouble. As bad as he is he still seems to have some strong support behind him, and those people are largely non-college educated white men with guns. The second amendment that they care so much about was put in place so that the people can rise against the government, so...

I'm not saying that I think it would ever happen, or stand a hope in hell of succeeding if it did, but there could be trouble on the horizon.

The fact is that he's a narcissist, and could never accept that he had failed. I think that when he loses he will drag out his outrage for a long while.

Sad times :(

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
... largely non-college educated white men with guns...

They call it "a well regulated militia". :p

Yeah, I know... not funny.

I'm not saying that I think it would ever happen, or stand a hope in hell of succeeding...

Of course it won't succeed... but should the sh1t hit the fan, there'll be bloody noses — and much worse. And that'd have long-term consequences.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Exactly; could cause a lot of problems in the future. Let's hope he learns to be gracious in defeat...

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Let's hope he learns to be gracious in defeat...

keep-calm-but-dont-hold-your-breath.png

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Tried to log in but site not available:cry:

Did you end up with this ?

Mod edit: Oi! No Donald-Ducking allowed ;) Pic removed cos of cuss word but it said, basically, not available.

Attachments

• this.png
    this.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question