    How can I disable the automatic table numbering and indenting
    features in MS Word?

    Jim Hawkins

    Jim Hawkins, Jun 22, 2010

  2. By asking in a Word newsgroup, not Windows XP.

    :

    Bickford Shmeckler, Jun 22, 2010

  3. Jim Hawkins

    Jim Hawkins Guest

    Bickford Shmeckler wrote:
    > By asking in a Word newsgroup, not Windows XP.

    Such as ?
    I could only find 3 newsgroups about Word,
    one in hebrew, one in arabic and a third in a
    language unknown to me.
    That's why I tried here.

    Jim Hawkins

    Jim Hawkins, Jun 22, 2010

    Jim Hawkins wrote:
    > Such as ?
    > I could only find 3 newsgroups about Word,
    > one in hebrew, one in arabic and a third in a
    > language unknown to me.
    > That's why I tried here.

    Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
    information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:

    Search using Google!
    http://www.google.com/
    (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

    Example:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=newsgroups+about+"Microsoft+Word"

    Most of the ones on the Microsoft news server itself are gone - Microsoft is
    doing away with their news server completely. Doesn't mean they are not
    synchronized and living on elsewhere.

    If you really want MS 'sanctioned' areas...
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/

    For you...
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeword

    Of course - one might just take theirt question and plug it into Google:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=How+...e+numbering+and+indenting+features+in+MS+Word

    The first few hits might help...

    How to switch off Autoformatting
    http://www.thuto.org/ubh/ub/compu/hcsmsw1.htm#autoformat

    Ten things every Microsoft Word user should know
    http://generaldisarray.wordpress.com/2006/04/14/ten-things-every-microsoft-word-user-should-know/
    (#7)

    Microsoft Word Tips Tricks & FAQs
    http://www.willamette.edu/wits/resources/docs/software/msoffice/word-faq.htm

    But then you wouldn't be interacting with all the nice people. ;-)

    Look how your posting has spread all over the Internet:
    http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/fo...atting-features-word2000-word2003-288113.html

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software...atting-features-in-word2000-and-word2003.aspx

    http://msgroups.net/microsoft.publi...-formatting-features-in-Word2000-and-Word2003

    http://www.forum-22.com/31/1039608/

    Likely many more to come. Will be there for *years*...

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Shenan Stanley, Jun 22, 2010
  5. Jim Hawkins

    Jim Hawkins Guest

    Shenan Stanley wrote:
    > Jim Hawkins wrote:
    >> How can I disable the automatic table numbering and indenting
    >> features in MS Word?

    > Bickford Shmeckler wrote:
    >> By asking in a Word newsgroup, not Windows XP.

    > Jim Hawkins wrote:
    >> Such as ?
    >> I could only find 3 newsgroups about Word,
    >> one in hebrew, one in arabic and a third in a
    >> language unknown to me.
    >> That's why I tried here.

    > Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
    > information on problems you may be having and solutions others have
    > found:
    > Search using Google!
    > http://www.google.com/
    > (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )
    >
    > Example:
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=newsgroups+about+"Microsoft+Word"
    >
    > Most of the ones on the Microsoft news server itself are gone -
    > Microsoft is doing away with their news server completely. Doesn't
    > mean they are not synchronized and living on elsewhere.
    >
    > If you really want MS 'sanctioned' areas...
    > http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/
    >
    > For you...
    > http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeword
    >
    > Of course - one might just take theirt question and plug it into
    > Google:
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=How+...e+numbering+and+indenting+features+in+MS+Word
    >
    > The first few hits might help...
    >
    > How to switch off Autoformatting
    > http://www.thuto.org/ubh/ub/compu/hcsmsw1.htm#autoformat
    >
    > Ten things every Microsoft Word user should know
    > http://generaldisarray.wordpress.com/2006/04/14/ten-things-every-microsoft-word-user-should-know/
    > (#7)
    >
    > Microsoft Word Tips Tricks & FAQs
    > http://www.willamette.edu/wits/resources/docs/software/msoffice/word-faq.htm
    >
    > But then you wouldn't be interacting with all the nice people. ;-)
    >
    > Look how your posting has spread all over the Internet:
    > http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/fo...atting-features-word2000-word2003-288113.html
    >
    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software...atting-features-in-word2000-and-word2003.aspx
    >
    > http://msgroups.net/microsoft.publi...-formatting-features-in-Word2000-and-Word2003
    >
    > http://www.forum-22.com/31/1039608/
    >
    > Likely many more to come. Will be there for *years*...
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP

    Many thanks for being so helpful Shenan.
    Jim Hawkins

    Jim Hawkins, Jun 23, 2010