    <> gpedit : screen saver password option disabled etc
    Still I have same problem. How do I change the idle lock out time to some
    4-5 hrs instead of mins or else how to just disable locking behavior .

    Saul Carpenter, Apr 5, 2010

  2. Saul Carpenter

    nass Guest

    "Saul Carpenter" wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have XP SP3.
    > I tried tired ...in just about all forums..yahoo answers and none of them
    > get me the solution...so I have come to the make of it all Microsoft .
    > My XP locks the user after some 4-5 mins of idling out . What I did so far :
    > <> CP > Remove prompt for pw.
    > <> gpedit : ALT CTL DEL lock option disabled.
    > <> gpedit : screen saver password option disabled etc
    > Still I have same problem. How do I change the idle lock out time to some
    > 4-5 hrs instead of mins or else how to just disable locking behavior .

    Hi,
    Try the Power management options or by right click an empty area on your
    Desktop and then click Properties >> ScreenSaver > click on Power button at
    the bottom and try to set the right setting you want there.
    It should be listed in the gpedit.msc CPL!
    HTH
    nass
    --
    http://www.nasstec.co.uk

    ..

    nass, Apr 5, 2010

  3. "nass" wrote:

    > "Saul Carpenter" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > I have XP SP3.
    > > I tried tired ...in just about all forums..yahoo answers and none of them
    > > get me the solution...so I have come to the make of it all Microsoft .
    > > My XP locks the user after some 4-5 mins of idling out . What I did so far :
    > > <> CP > Remove prompt for pw.
    > > <> gpedit : ALT CTL DEL lock option disabled.
    > > <> gpedit : screen saver password option disabled etc
    > > Still I have same problem. How do I change the idle lock out time to some
    > > 4-5 hrs instead of mins or else how to just disable locking behavior .
    > >

    > Hi,
    > Try the Power management options or by right click an empty area on your
    > Desktop and then click Properties >> ScreenSaver > click on Power button at
    > the bottom and try to set the right setting you want there.
    > It should be listed in the gpedit.msc CPL!
    > HTH
    > nass
    > --
    > http://www.nasstec.co.uk
    >

    > .
    > Thx . That does not help. I already mentioned all that is done. Now I have another problem. When I open gpedit.msc. I get an Internet explorer box . An error has occured - error 54 unspecified error.

    You click on the ok button and it ask for some script to continue running
    y/n in the background. You can never get to this dialogue because the error
    54 is in the foreground and clicking this a few times will close both. This
    happens every time , I open any template ( folder ) in gpedit
    I am sc***ed

    Saul Carpenter, Apr 6, 2010
  4. Saul Carpenter

    nass Guest

    "Saul Carpenter" wrote:

    > "nass" wrote:
    >

    > > "Saul Carpenter" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi
    > > > I have XP SP3.
    > > > I tried tired ...in just about all forums..yahoo answers and none of them
    > > > get me the solution...so I have come to the make of it all Microsoft .
    > > > My XP locks the user after some 4-5 mins of idling out . What I did so far :
    > > > <> CP > Remove prompt for pw.
    > > > <> gpedit : ALT CTL DEL lock option disabled.
    > > > <> gpedit : screen saver password option disabled etc
    > > > Still I have same problem. How do I change the idle lock out time to some
    > > > 4-5 hrs instead of mins or else how to just disable locking behavior .
    > > >

    > > Hi,
    > > Try the Power management options or by right click an empty area on your
    > > Desktop and then click Properties >> ScreenSaver > click on Power button at
    > > the bottom and try to set the right setting you want there.
    > > It should be listed in the gpedit.msc CPL!
    > > HTH
    > > nass
    > > --
    > > http://www.nasstec.co.uk
    > >

    > > .
    > > Thx . That does not help. I already mentioned all that is done. Now I have another problem. When I open gpedit.msc. I get an Internet explorer box . An error has occured - error 54 unspecified error.

    > You click on the ok button and it ask for some script to continue running
    > y/n in the background. You can never get to this dialogue because the error
    > 54 is in the foreground and clicking this a few times will close both. This
    > happens every time , I open any template ( folder ) in gpedit
    > I am sc***ed

    This could be because a corrupt WMI or the shell is corrupt/damaged!

    Have a look in the Event Viewer and send us the error messages you will see
    there in your next post:
    Open a Notepad, customize or minimize to the taskbar as you will need it
    later for this step to copy the error message on it.
    Open a run command and type in:
    eventvwr.msc click [OK] you will get the Event viewer control Panel.
    click on each of these:
    Application
    System
    Security
    Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red (X) or Yellow
    exclamation mark /!\ , double click each one to get more info about the
    causer.
    On the Event error properties message you will see:
    Up Arrow
    Down arrow
    Two pages
    Click on the two pages to copy the error message then bring up the Notepad
    you opened earlier and right click on the first line and select Paste from
    the list, this will paste the error message on a Notepad.
    Please don't duplicate the error message one of each kind will be sufficient.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427/en-us

    Please we need just the error messages with Red (X) and don't repeat the
    error, just one of each kind and post them back in your next post.

    Can you check this machine for viral infection by performing a thorough scan
    with an up to date security software?
    Try to scan for malware and viruses and let us know your findings:

    http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
    Malwarebytes├é┬ę Corporation - Anti-Malware

    BlackLigh
    http://www.f-secure.com/en_EMEA/security/security-lab/tools-and-services/blacklight/
    BlackLight
    ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/anti-virus/tools/fsbl.exe

    Easy Clean
    http://www.f-secure.com/en_EMEA/security/security-center/easy-clean/

    Run a scan from here on-line:
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
    Download Avast Cleaner (offline scanner) from here:
    Comodo BOClean : Anti-Malware Version 4.27
    http://www.comodo.com/boclean/boclean.html

    Please read this article and don't proceed yet until you send us the error
    messages from Event Viewer;
    How do I restore security settings to the default settings?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

    HTH
    nass
    ---