    information thats required.

    Thank you for any help.
    Mark

    Guest, Mar 29, 2007

    Jay Freedman Guest

    If you're just trying to encourage people to do the right thing,
    especially if they aren't very computer-literate, you can write macros
    named EditCut, EditCopy, and EditPaste and don't put any code inside
    the macros -- for example, just write

    Sub EditCut()
    End Sub

    When the user tries to use the command, nothing will happen. See
    http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InterceptSavePrint.htm for the
    general principle.

    If you need to be a bit more strict, you'll have to intercept about a
    half dozen different paste commands, such as EditPasteSpecial. To see
    the list, open the Macros dialog and set the "Macros in" dropdown to
    "Word commands".

    If the users are experienced and determined, there's nothing you can
    do that's foolproof. All they'd have to do is hold down the Shift key
    while opening the form, which disables all macros. Word is not, and
    was never meant to be, a secured or locked-down environment -- it's an
    editor, meant for changing things.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman

    Jay Freedman, Mar 29, 2007

    Tony Jollans Guest

    Why do you want to make people type what they could copy?

    --
    Enjoy,
    Tony

    Tony Jollans, Mar 29, 2007