Windows XP DirectX 9.0c June Update

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes i know its now July, but i just saw it.

Anyone updated to this yet? I did it earlier and played Dirt and noticed 4FPS more on the menu and a few ingame....I think...Lol. I dunno, seemed better. :)

I dont think it makes much of a difference, but i like being up to date. I guess it probably fixes something, its the M$ way.

From Microsoft here or FileHippo if you'd rather.

:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Not working for me, it says 'Please try later or check your network connection'

I really really love Microsoft :rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, got it from File Hippo.

Why is it MS let you download a link then install it from their site yet release it freely to people in the trade and to magazines for issuing on their cover disks? Don't make no sense to me.

I now able to install it on all of my networked machines - this is a good thing.

I do believe if you search MS's site deep enough you may actually find a location to download the whole thing, but not sure.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I do believe if you search MS's site deep enough you may actually find a location to download the whole thing, but not sure.
Indeed you can, here. :)

So notice any difference at all?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
So notice any difference at all?

lol, nope, not yet, haven't played any games since, been capturing video footage and editing from VCR tapes this evening.

Earlier on had spent 2.5 hours on TOCA Race Driver 3 after downloading that mod you linked to that unlocked all levels. Had to mess about extensively with settings though cos that mod is set to the author's preferences, which included manual gearbox and all levels set to hard :eek:

Tried some of the later levels, boy does it ever get harder eh?

But love some of the off kilter races, Caterham 7 and Vintage racing are good :)

A very good game indeed, if a little too realistic at times ;)

Still, I can always load up several NFS games I have for an unrealistic adrenalin rush I suppose.

Oh, and I played some CoD_1 as well earlier on.

Have just done a fresh install as a virus bit me up the bum and I couldn't get rid of it.

First Virus I've had since 2001 :eek:

Have now installed Kaspersky full edition and am trying the trial version for a month, I may very well pay for it.

I think I'd become complacent after all those years virus-free, came as a bit of a shock, tbh.

That'll teach me to browse sites I shouldn't :D

Anyways, after I've played a few games tomorrow I'll let you know if I can see any difference in performance.

PS: It's late, can't sleep, hopefully sleepy soon...

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
what exactly does the update contain?
why not just call it Direct X 9.0d :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Just took a look at it.
says that you can install it for vista, would this be for games that run under Direct X 9.0? i figured that DX10 would be backward compatable

Reaction score
Cheers V_R saves a lot of messing about.

I wonder if it will make a differnce to Lost Planet tho?

Which BTW is amazing if you aint got it buy it only £18 ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Have just done a fresh install as a virus bit me up the bum and I couldn't get rid of it.

First Virus I've had since 2001 :eek:
Thats a a bugger! Unlucky.

Glad the save games helped. Not tempted by dirt yet? Thats good too.

Alf said:
what exactly does the update contain?
why not just call it Direct X 9.0d
Its just an update for Direct X.

How is lost planet TD? I kinda think it would be good, but not overly convinced yet...Does it run ok? I read it was coded worse than Stalker!! :eek:

Reaction score
It seems fine not a great thinker when it comes to coding, i guess i just play if i like it then i tell people.

Its a shame though i cant really have everything on full my cards wont handle it at full res but never mind. Yeah im enjoying it getting frustrated already tho afta only an hour of gameplay lol

Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone please tell me if I need to install both the web installer of DirectX End User for July as well as the DirectX C End User for June.

Thanks,

wizkid

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
wizkid said:
Hi,

Can someone please tell me if I need to install both the web installer of DirectX End User for July as well as the DirectX C End User for June.

Thanks,

wizkid
Is there one for July too? I saw the June web installer was released on the 3rd of july, but its still the June update. Just download this and run the setup. That will install the latest update you didn't/dont have atm. :)

Ask a Question