DIRECT X 9, want to pur DIRECT X 7 back instead

FRAN

I ussed to be able to play BACK AND WHITE, DUNE and
Klingon Academy on my XP PC, but when I installed Direct
X 9 from a new game, I lost these 3, and they will not
load. Does anyone know how I can un-install or rollback
direct x 9 to a previous version? I can not find anything
in XP that lets me do this or tells me how, and trying to
install them from a previous game is ignored. Direct X 9
remains in place.

FRAN

Jimmy S.

Hi FRAN,

Use Win XP's System Restore to return your system to a previously stable date:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gethelp/systemrestore.asp
If that doesn't work, they do have a DX Buster which will uninstall DX 9, however
you might find that by updating your Video drivers you can play B&W etc. again.

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| I ussed to be able to play BACK AND WHITE, DUNE and
| Klingon Academy on my XP PC, but when I installed Direct
| X 9 from a new game, I lost these 3, and they will not
| load. Does anyone know how I can un-install or rollback
| direct x 9 to a previous version? I can not find anything
| in XP that lets me do this or tells me how, and trying to
| install them from a previous game is ignored. Direct X 9
| remains in place.
|
| FRAN

Jimmy S.

Glad to be of service! :)

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message | Hi FRAN,

| Use Win XP's System Restore to return your system to a previously stable date:
| http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gethelp/systemrestore.asp
| If that doesn't work, they do have a DX Buster which will uninstall DX 9, however
| you might find that by updating your Video drivers you can play B&W etc. again.
|
| --
| Cheers,
| Jimmy S.
|
| Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
| Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
| Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
|
| | | I ussed to be able to play BACK AND WHITE, DUNE and
| | Klingon Academy on my XP PC, but when I installed Direct
| | X 9 from a new game, I lost these 3, and they will not
| | load. Does anyone know how I can un-install or rollback
| | direct x 9 to a previous version? I can not find anything
| | in XP that lets me do this or tells me how, and trying to
| | install them from a previous game is ignored. Direct X 9
| | remains in place.
| |