Direct X 9.0a problem.

Discussion in 'Windows XP Games' started by Chris Kong, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Chris Kong

    Chris Kong Guest

    Hi guys,

    I'm having problem with direct x 9.0a (my guess).

    When i try to run this game called BloodRayne on my
    windows xp, it gives me this error message.

    A box pop up with the title DirectX8 3D Driver error and
    in the box the message goes like this,

    DirectX error
    Code:8876086A
    technique. While trying to do this. Reset the device.

    Then i press the ok button and it just won't execute my
    game. Is that the problem with directX 9.0a?

    FYI,i've a game called Fung Wan Online which runs
    perfectly using the directX 9.0a. So could it be the
    BloodRayne giving me the problem. Pls help.

    Thanks
    Chris

    Chris Kong, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Chris Kong

    Einstein Guest

    I run it perfectly with Windows Xp, dirrect X 9.0a, but i have a Ati Radeon
    9700 graphic card that fully support Direct X9, so it might be your graphic
    card dos'nt support all features in Direct X 9, i know some of my friends
    had the same problem and they had to use Direct X8.1 to play Bloodrayne

    Einstein, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Chris Kong

    Yves Leclerc Guest

    Try getting the very latest video drivers for your video card. Most
    manufacturers publish revised video drivers, from time to time.

    Yves

    Yves Leclerc, Jul 22, 2003
  4. Try DX9b

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Jul 26, 2003
  5. Chris Kong

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Glad to be of service! :)

    "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message news:...
> [...]
    | Device Manager / expand +Display Adapters / right click on
    | the adapter, pick "Uninstall", and click No if asked to reboot.
    |
    | 6. Use Control Panel / Add-Remove programs to uninstall the
    | previous driver (exe)software which may have been installed.
    |
    | 7. Restart the computer in Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key
    | about once every second as it's rebooting to pick Safe Mode.
    |
    | 8. If the driver is a (exe)program file, GO DIRECTLY TO step 10.
    |
    | 9. When Windows prompts you to install the video adapter,* click
    | "Install from a list or specific location", click the "Browse" button,
    | browse to the My documents folder where you saved the driver,
    | click on one of the driver files to begin installation. Go to Step 11.
    |
    | * If Windows doesn't prompt you to install the video adapter, click
    | Start / Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager /
    | click the + next to Display Adapters / Doubleclick the Adapter /
    | Update Driver... / follow the instructions in Step 9 to install driver.
    |
    | 10. If / when Windows prompts you to install the video adapter, click
    | "Cancel". Double click the driver program to install the new drivers..
    |
    | 11. After you reboot, go to Control Panel / Display / Settings and
    | choose 32 bit Color Quality, and 1024x768 Screen Resolution.
    |

    | TROUBLESHOOTING:
    |
    | Test your drivers using DXDiag: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
    | Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
    | If any of the Display options are Disabled and you cannot Enable them,
    | your most likely solution would be to update your Chipset Drivers as per:
    | http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/Video.html#v11
    |
    | Along with your Video card, Sound Cards, Motherboard Chipsets,
    | and Video Monitors may also require updated drivers. Even your
    | motherboard's BIOS may need to be updated for compatibility with
    | your Video card. These steps are listed at: http://NibblesNbitsVideo.tk
    |
    | The latest video drivers sometime don't work with a particular game.
    | (Check the Video suggestions in the readme.txt file in your game folder/CD)
    | If there's no suggestions, try an older (WHQL) driver, and/or if you still
    | experience problems try a Beta driver, or even an Omega driver instead:
    |
    | BETA Drivers: http://download.guru3d.com/
    | OMEGA Drivers: http://www.omegacorner.com/
    |
    | Do you have more than one video outlet on your card? If so, test the
    | monitor using other outlet and disable the 2nd outlet if that doesn't help.
    |
    | There you have it, if you have any questions feel free to post them! :)
    |
    | --
    | Cheers,
    | Jimmy S.
    |
    | Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
    | Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
    | Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    | My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

    | |

    Jimmy S., Aug 1, 2003