    screen resolution?

    Thanks for helping me!

    Sam

    Sam Vanderstraeten, Jan 28, 2004

  2. "Sam Vanderstraeten" <> wrote:

    >I'm using Windows XP Pro UK with different users on one machine. Each user
    >has his own desktop and layout.
    >Most of that users are working on 1280 X 1024, but some of them need to have
    >800 X 600.
    >How can I set this up, that when that specific users logs on, he has his own
    >screen resolution?

    Use a third-party tool like 1st QuickRes
    (http://gpsoft.hypermart.net/aqr.html) for that purpose.
    "Display Resolution and Color Depth Settings Apply to All Users"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281565)

    --
    (tm)

    Thorsten Matzner, Jan 28, 2004

  3. My understanding is that XP doesn't "remember" screen resolutions for
    each user. It's "remembered" for the computer. Suggest you show the
    users how to right mouse click on desktop then pick properties and from
    their set the resolution they want.

    Hope this is useful to you. Let us know.

    rms

    Rob Schneider, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Sam Vanderstraeten wrote:

    > I'm using Windows XP Pro UK with different users on one machine. Each user
    > has his own desktop and layout.
    > Most of that users are working on 1280 X 1024, but some of them need to have
    > 800 X 600.
    > How can I set this up, that when that specific users logs on, he has his own
    > screen resolution?

    Hi

    Some command line freeware utilities MultiRes , Resolution Changer, Vidres that
    can help you:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    If you need to support "Fast User Switching":

    XP Keep per User Display Settings 1.0
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sto41/en/My Tools/XPKeepPerUserDisplaySettings.htm

    --
    torgeir
    Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

    Torgeir Bakken (MVP), Jan 28, 2004
  5. Sam Vanderstraeten

    Ramesh [MVP] Guest

    Sam,

    Not possible without a third-party utility.

    Try MVP Doug Knox's utility:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    Prevent Spyware from being installed:

    Prevent malware from being installed - Part 2:
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/MalwareDefence_Example.htm

    Hi,

    Ramesh [MVP], Jan 28, 2004
  6. Sam Vanderstraeten

    kooee Guest

    Nice reply and nice program Multi Res.
    Installation of many good video card`s software often have this feature
    built in.
    Advanced settings often have checkbox to enable taskbar icon in startup
    group.
    However, XP often installs the drivers automatically and best left as is.
    Just add Multi Res and you have all you need.

    kooee, Jan 29, 2004
  7. Sam Vanderstraeten

    Guest Guest

    i just upgraded to xp home and a new monitor (17 inch
    flat). Well my wife hates the 1280 x 1024 screen size.
    So, for us XP does remember the settings for each user.
    so, with each user account have them right click and
    change the screen size....when they log of it should
    remember.

    rob

    Guest, Jan 29, 2004
  8. Sam Vanderstraeten

    bp Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:59:54 -0800,
    <> wrote:

    >i just upgraded to xp home and a new monitor (17 inch
    >flat). Well my wife hates the 1280 x 1024 screen size.
    >So, for us XP does remember the settings for each user.
    >so, with each user account have them right click and
    >change the screen size....when they log of it should
    >remember.

    It won't
    This is a well known ,ahh, feature of XP.
    There are some third party apps that will fix it but I don't have the
    links, sorry.

    bp, Jan 29, 2004