    Vision Guest

    what is difference between "Temporary files" and "Temporary internet files"
    and is the removing *all* "temporary files" via Disk Cleanup applet safe?

    Vision, Aug 30, 2006

  2. Vision

    --Alias-- Guest

    Re: difference between "Temporary files" and "Temporary internetfiles"

    Vision wrote:
    > what is difference between "Temporary files" and "Temporary internet
    > files"

    One comes from programs installing or uninstalling, the other from your
    surfing on the web.

    > and is the removing *all* "temporary files" via Disk Cleanup
    > applet safe?

    Yes, but it doesn't remove *all* of them. Download and run Crap Cleaner,
    free, from http://www.ccleaner.com/ which does remove *all* of them and
    it's recommended that you do so on a regular basis. Also, unlike Windows
    Disk Clean Up, you can configure it to not delete any cookies you would
    like to save.

    Alias

    --Alias--, Aug 30, 2006

  3. Vision

    Bob I Guest

    Re: difference between "Temporary files" and "Temporary internetfiles"

    In this context, you may see the "Temporary files" listing in Disk
    Cleanup. "Temporary internet files" is a subset of "Temporary File". And
    yes Disk Cleanup is "safe".

    Bob I, Aug 30, 2006
  4. Vision

    Vision Guest

    "--Alias--" <> wrote in message
    > Vision wrote:
    > > what is difference between "Temporary files" and "Temporary internet
    > > files"

    > One comes from programs installing or uninstalling, the other from your
    > surfing on the web.
    >
    > > and is the removing *all* "temporary files" via Disk Cleanup
    > > applet safe?

    > Yes, but it doesn't remove *all* of them. Download and run Crap Cleaner,
    > free, from http://www.ccleaner.com/ which does remove *all* of them and
    > it's recommended that you do so on a regular basis. Also, unlike Windows
    > Disk Clean Up, you can configure it to not delete any cookies you would
    > like to save.
    >
    > Alias

    ----------------------

    thanks, this help.

    vision

    Vision, Aug 30, 2006
  5. Vision

    Fact Attack Guest

    I don't know, but apparently every virus now invades through your
    temporary folders. Apparently they ****ed that up too.

    Fact Attack, Aug 30, 2006
  6. Vision wrote:

    > "--Alias--" <> wrote in message
    >> Vision wrote:
    >>> what is difference between "Temporary files" and "Temporary internet
    >>> files"

    >> One comes from programs installing or uninstalling,

    Temporary files may be created during installations, but that's far from the
    only situation in which they are created.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, Aug 31, 2006